Change Manager Lead
Supports and maintains assigned business applications within their operating environment and assists with production support for analysis and resolution of issues in accordance with established service level agreements. Ensures applications and systems are optimally performing and available while delivering the services needed by the line of business. Completes application and system testing and configuration activities including documenting and validating changes made to applications. Coordinates the planning, development and participation of user acceptance training. Collaborates with line of business partners and Information Technology partners to provide timely and accurate resolution to requests for service, access and support. Assists less junior level team members as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads a team responsible for managing customer application needs and provides on-going troubleshooting and production support for assigned business applications, resolving issues as appropriate and escalating as necessary. Serves as subject-matter-expert for assigned applications.
- Assists line of business partners with determining if application issues are related to defects, changes or errors. Researches and resolves incidents and completes requests. Works closely with partners regarding escalated incidents. Conveys root cause analysis of issues to software development staff for process and software changes.
- Performs requirements gathering with line of business partners for application changes, enhancements and/or defect resolution coordinating with vendors, line of business partners and other business partners as needed. Participates in planning sessions with business units to improve business processes.
- Manages project scope, acceptance, installation and deployment. Performs validation of system code drops and coordinates code drop releases working closely with Information Technology partners, line of business partners and vendors.
- Coordinates and implements user acceptance testing and approvals.
- Implements and coordinates application updates, configuration changes and defect fixes adhering to Synovus’ change control standards and processes. Assists with document creation and review based on change requests or defect remediation. Provides assistance with form implementation including business rules and field mapping.
- Participates in application status update meetings. Assists with weekly and monthly reporting of application/platform group incidents and requests. Provides after hours, routine or on-call support as needed.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Ensures technology solutions are in compliance with and uphold organizational standards. Develops business models to represent requirements, such as use cases, business process flows, and data flow diagrams.
- Establishes production runs, and ensures job control language, run documentation, and data files are available. Participates in tracking and prioritization of tickets and ensures incidents are handed off during shift changeover. Follows standard operating procedures and takes actions to prevent network interruptions and service degradation.
- Serve as a primary escalation point for network operations issues arising from within, and outside, the enterprise to coordinate and serve as a communication bridge during issues. Assist in system related maintenance and environmental changes as requested, and provide assistance in testing new or upgraded applications. Track and update events in the trouble ticketing system in a clear and efficient manner.
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader. Evaluates and identify project complexity, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies. Communicates complex technical concepts simply and effectively to nontechnical team members.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation. Provides technical direction and training to junior level team members.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ten years of work related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of networking (LAN, WAN), server administration, SAN and blade technology
- Analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to take the lead on projects and problems as appropriate
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org