SOLUTIONS ENGINEER I – RAPIDSCALE (Job Number: 205350)
RapidScale is a cloud computing company based in Raleigh, NC and we’re looking for an awesome Solutions Engineer I to join our team! We’re looking for high-energy people to join our SE team and learn the ropes to further your career. Get experience in a dynamic, high-paced and successful company and have fun while doing it!
The Solutions Engineer I is responsible for providing pre-sales support for our existing customer base with their managed RapidScale services. The “SE I” must be a personable individual that’s a quick study of RapidScale solutions and continually working to improve themselves and our company. Position includes direct customer involvement on sales opportunities, validation of all quotes, ongoing enhancement of service and interfacing with the Sales and Engineering teams to keep up to date on all new service capabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with clients, partners, vendors and colleagues. Communicate professionally and effectively at all levels.
• Support Account Management team equally on re-term efforts as well as uplift sales to our existing customer base.
• Assist Account Management team on technical aspects of proposal writing and development.
• Ensure consistency of solutions, value proposition, and pre-sales support methodology.
• Ensure smooth transfer of solution design details and knowledge from Solutions Engineering team to Engineering teams and Project Management teams for all new/upgrade service implementations.
• Ensure solutions comply with operational processes and policies related to solution design and implementation.
• Foster a customer service-oriented approach for all team members.
• Less than 25% travel
EDUCATIONAL & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years of progressive experience implementing and/or supporting information technology solutions
• Problem resolution and conflict management skills
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
• A working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
• Understanding of network and security solutions
• Understanding of IP addressing and subnets, routing protocols, firewalls, and load balancing
• Strong interpersonal skills; must work effectively with associates; be a team player
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; must communicate effectively in a professional manner
• Effectively multitask, organized, and manage priorities
• MS Office and Visio Skills
• Must project confidence and creativity
• Must display a willingness to learn and self-motivate
• Keep a positive attitude at all times
• Prior technology sales experience (desired)
• Demonstrates RapidScale and Cox values
- Role requires the ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously.
- This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
- Fast-paced, positive, high-energy environment. Can have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS:
All positions at RapidScale have role based levels of access to networks, systems, customer, and company information. Information Security is a top priority and access granted is limited to only necessary systems and information required to perform the expected job responsibilities. In this position, as an employee, you are required to protect and maintain the integrity of our company and customer information. These protections include information assets including customer and company information for any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and other related personal or proprietary information.
- Employee may need to carry up to 20 pounds (i.e. carrying laptop and other equipment).
- Employee may push/pull up to 25 pounds.
- Employee may stand up to 4 hours.
- Employee may walk up to 1.5 hours.
- Employee may need to drive 2 hours.
- Employee may perform repetitive bending up to 1 hour.
- Employee may sit up to 8 hours.
- Employee may spend up to 8 performing computer work/typing.
- Employee may spend up to 8 hours on the telephone.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 510 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC, US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 205350