Manager, Enterprise IT
Website datacenters_qts QTS Data Centers
Powered by People
The Manager, Enterprise IT will be responsible for QTS’ user base support and all associated hardware and application maintenance and strategy. This role will lead defining and refining internal IT processes as well as work cross-collaboratively on building and implementing QTS’ go-forward, corporate IT strategy. This role is responsible for an incredibly broad suite of extremely critical applications that are cornerstones of every facet of the business. Maintaining high availability and reliability, improving security and reporting, and road-mapping/executing an effective strategy to improve all of those factors for each system creates a tremendous opportunity for highly visible successes but also carries a tremendous amount of day-to-day management and execution on the processes that are required to keep those systems functioning.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned
- Manage group of desktop support and enterprise IT engineers to provide world class end user support across a global portfolio of users and locations.
- Lead the roadmap of the integrated enterprise IT technologies. Devise and execute a technology plan to migrate QTS to a more modern, robust, unified, and cost-effective platform for multiple critical services.
- Champion automation first for IT projects; provide time and space for engineers to learn and institute automation tools into everyday operations.
- Drive continuous improvement in user provisioning/deprovisioning and hardware/software asset management functions.
- Manage associated licensing allocation to budget.
- Compare, test, and validate end user hardware solutions to include laptops, mobile devices, peripherals, and audiovisual devices. Manage associated refresh cycle and budget.
- Maintain state-of-the-art teleconferencing & audiovisual deployment and partner with property development on implementing QTS’ AV standard for new site builds.
- Serve as technical and managerial point of contact for executive level escalations regarding enterprise IT issues.
- Facilitate vision and strategy for migration to Microsoft 365 and Azure AD from current hybrid approach.
- Responsible for the following technologies and vendors: O365 suite, Active Directory, Mobile Device Management, Desktop Configuration Management, WebEx, Messaging (Slack/Exchange).
- Partner with information security and compliance departments to ensure robustness of security architecture for QTS’ enterprise IT and identity management.
- Develop clear IT policies in partnership with other QTS departments and stakeholders.
- Project manage initiatives and report against milestones and deliverables. Routinely report to the executive level on departmental projects and technology initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Ten or more years of IT systems management experience
- Three or more years of experience as a people leader
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience managing capital and operational budgets
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and architecture, including centrally managed Wi-Fi installations
- Automation experience in provisioning workstations
- Strong knowledge of Windows desktop enterprise versions, update cycles, patch management, and deployment
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory concepts, best practices, and management
- Familiarity with bastion/jump host configuration, management, and deployment
- Comprehension of Microsoft enterprise licensing options and policies
- Experience architecting technology solutions
- Experience in conducting risk management and analysis
- Experience leading and managing multiple enterprise-wide projects
- Experience working with ServiceNow
- Experience with Powershell
- Experience with virtual server infrastructure using VMware
- Experience deploying & supporting virtual conference clients (preferably WebEx)
- General understanding of networking, firewalls, and server/VM technologies
- Experience working in a multi-tenant or managed service provider environment
- Experience working in a data-center environment or organization
- Experience working with and presenting at the executive level
- Microsoft Azure certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and stay up to date on industry trends
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to technical & nontechnical audiences
- Unique ability to understand the nuances of a problem and create a way forward that meets the higher level business objective
- Fast-learner, results driven, and team player
To apply for this job please visit qtsdatacenters.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.