DCIM Engineer II
QTS Data Centers is seeking a Controls Engineer II /DCIM Engineer II to work in Suwanee/Atlanta, GA. Quality Technology Services (QTS) is a leading provider of data center solutions across a diverse footprint spanning more than 9 million square feet of QTS Mega Data Centers throughout North America and Europe.
The Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) Engineer / DCIM Engineer II is responsible for the management and administration of the Electric Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS) and Building Management Systems (BMS’s). Primary responsibilities for strategy, engineering, design, and innovation of the EMPS and BMS systems within QTS data centers and assisting with any construction/upgrade efforts therein. Additional duties are to provide system administration tasks for all DCIM systems which are comprised of EPMS’s, BMS’s (Building Automation Systems) and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems).
The ideal candidate will possess a technology background that enables him/her to undertake the challenges of sophisticated system platforms and demonstrated an ability to think broadly and strategically in aligning with the larger objectives of the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure DCIM systems are operating as designed to protect the data center, capture power usage, calculate available capacity, and provide meaningful, timely alarms, notifications, and reports to end users.
- Configuration of DCIM system applications in support of new data center deployments, new data requirements, and data center retrofits.
- Prepare and maintain DCIM systems support documentation, test plans, and change management records.
- Implement corporate policies procedures, and standards to maximize the performance of systems, applications, and networks.
- Administer the QTS power provisioning, incident management, and reporting processes for sites.
- Coordinate field work as required including any necessary contractor supervision.
- Work efficiently and independently – applying analytical, troubleshooting, and organizational skills to support day-to-day operations.
- Work closely with co-workers, maintenance personnel, project managers, building managers, engineers, and contractors on site-specific projects.
- Perform inspections, and assist in the testing and commissioning of the facility system (as required).
- Participate in on-call duty; to include providing off-hour emergency support as needed.
- Lead maintenance and modification of controls on equipment to facilitate more efficient operation.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to other QTS facilities may be required.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related Engineering degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Five or more years of experience with critical monitoring and control systems and support for critical facilities.
- Working knowledge of and experience with a BMS and building EPMS systems.
- Familiarity with central chilled water plant systems, Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) Units and facility operations.
- Familiarity with power distribution systems in a data center environment or similar critical systems environment.
- Up to 25% travel required
- US Citizenship for this position is required by law due to federal customer contracts
- Aveva WonderWare certification.
- Knowledge of BAS/BMS systems, ALC, Andover, Tridium, Delta Controls or others.
- Understanding of network implementation.
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow.
- Working knowledge of SQL database systems.
- Two or more years of experience with various Industrial Control Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) such as Allen Bradley, Schneider Siemens, etc.
- Experience performing commissioning, qualification & change control activities related to BMS including but not limited to HVAC, chiller plants, domestic and process water systems, building automation systems, etc.
- Ability to read, interpret, and produce engineering documents that may include: Control Drawings, Sequence of Operations, Bill of Materials, Graphical User, Interface requirements, and Functional Specifications.
- Experience with BAC-net, Modbus, TCP/IP configuration, SNMP communication protocols, Active Directory security and Microsoft Office tools.
- Understanding of basic power calculations on single and 3-phase circuits, electrical diagrams, control diagrams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as excellent organization, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and teamwork skills.
- Excellent coordination skills between multiple stakeholders, third-party contractors, consultants and clients.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships and communication with staff, management, and customers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- This role is also eligible for a competitive beneﬁts package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; ﬂexible spending and HSA accounts; paid holidays; paid time off; paid volunteer days; employee assistance program; tuition assistance; parental leave; military leave assistance; QTS scholarship for dependents; wellness program, and other company beneﬁts.
- This position is Bonus eligible.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.