Enterprise IT Support Engineer II
The Enterprise IT Support Engineer II will be responsible for providing assistance where needed for common desktop support issues while performing with little supervision. This position will require a broad knowledge of common desktop support issues. A proven ability to successfully analyze and perform problem resolution with an emphasis on customer satisfaction is a must. Successful candidate will possess an established background supporting end users in a dynamic environment and the ability to meet demanding deadlines when necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for desktop support, printing support, VPN support (may include support for telecommuters) and limited server support
- Provide helpdesk service to end-users, troubleshooting issues related to personal computers, applications, networks and IP phones
- Provide onsite assistance for Systems Engineers when needed
- Install new or maintain existing desktops based on specifications
- Participate in the design of new or changing systems
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned functional area(s) or project(s)
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned task(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned task(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned task(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution
- Provide weekly status reports on individual projects and tasks
- Provide mentorship and assist in development of less experienced team members
- Associates degree or equivalent professional experience
- Four or more years of help desk, technical support, or desktop support experience
- Two or more years of experience & knowledge of Windows 7/10, MSOffice, network connectivity, printer installation and mapping, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in standard workplace applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Office 365,Visio, Project, Slack, Acrobat, Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, basic Windows security, and file and share permissions
- Mobile device management experience with iOS/Android device setup and troubleshooting, preferably including use of Workspace ONE
- US Citizenship for this position is required by law due to federal customer contracts
- A+ Certification, Enterprise IT and/or cybersecurity-related certifications
- Two or more years of experience with Exchange user administration
- Strong prior experience with SCCM, Advanced Windows deployment, Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
- Inventory management and procurement experience with hardware, software licenses, etc.
- Project management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment as needed
- Must be capable of handling multiple simultaneous tasks under pressure while maintaining strong customer service and a professional demeanor
- This role is also eligible for a competitive beneﬁts package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; ﬂexible spending and HSA accounts; paid holidays; paid time off; paid volunteer days; employee assistance program; tuition assistance; parental leave; military leave assistance; QTS scholarship for dependents; wellness program, and other company beneﬁts.
- This position is Bonus eligible.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.