Construction Procurement Cost Engineer
The Construction Procurement Cost Engineer is essential in driving value throughout our data center construction projects. This role requires close collaboration with our development organization, third-party cost management consultants, internal procurement and our finance teams. The ideal candidate will bring a deep understanding of project accounting, labor and equipment contract structures, and the challenges of large-scale construction projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES, and other duties as assigned.
- Review commercial agreements and provide guidance on initial GMP contracts.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for Construction Managers and key subcontractors to ensure consistency.
- Use e-Builder and other internal tools to ensure project financial control.
- Oversee the procurement procedures for new projects, including Construction Managers, OFE Vendors, and Professional Services.
- Provide commercial input into risk registers and reports, identifying potential financial pitfalls.
- Offer expertise on the financial grounds for initiating work, ensuring alignment with company goals.
- Participate in commercial discussions and key project progress meetings, ensuring alignment with financial goals.
- Oversee data capture and benchmarking output, ensuring relevant insights are gained.
- Produce reports on cash flow forecasting, accruals, and change management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Finance, or a related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Seven or more years of pertinent experience in construction cost management, with a preference for candidates experienced in the data center sector.
- Experience in project accounting, especially in a corporate setting
- Robust analytical skills.
- Proficiency in construction management software, especially e-Builder, and financial report generation tools.
- Ten or more years of experience in construction cost management
- Experience working for or supporting a data center provider (multi-tenant data center, hyperscale user, or equipment provider)
- Experience in high-growth company environments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization.
- Use organizational skills to determine prioritization and appropriate multitasking.
- Perform necessary and timely follow-up, escalating appropriately if necessary.
- Strong planning, organization, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, on multiple, concurrent projects of varying complexity and competing priority.
- Exceptional communication abilities, encompassing both written and spoken forms.
- Proven capability to work efficiently with internal departments and external collaborators.
- This role is also eligible for a competitive beneﬁts package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; ﬂexible spending and HSA accounts; paid holidays; paid time off; paid volunteer days; employee assistance program; tuition assistance; parental leave; military leave assistance; QTS scholarship for dependents; wellness program, and other company beneﬁts.
- This position is bonus eligible.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.