The Process Manager is responsible for managing the ITSM processes in accordance to QTS Data Centers Service Management Model based on ITIL best practices. The candidate should be a practitioner in the area, focused on core IT Service Management / ITIL functions including but not limited to areas such as problem management, incident management, change management, configuration management, service level management. The Change Manager ensures that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes in order to minimize the impact of change upon service quality and consequently identifies opportunities to improve the day-to-day operations of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for the oversight of each approved weekly change-this includes working with the Technical Change leads throughout the maintenance to ensure that things are going smoothly and to escalate any issues
- Review Requests For Change (RFCs) and approve or reject them based on their adherence to documented Change Management
- Process requirements and standards
- Report status of planned and completed changes to various stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring that change control policies are adhered to in order to govern movement of changes into the production environment
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes
- Lead and coordinate the agenda for CAB/ECAB meetings
- Coordinate customer announcements for upcoming scheduled changes
- Manage daily Change Management operations, i.e. publication of the change schedule and other operational reports
- Periodically conduct Post Implementation Review (PIR) on closed changes to gauge quality
- Capture and publish metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
- Raise and track Change Management related issues and conflicts, removes barriers, resolves issues and escalate appropriately where required
- Provide knowledge, expertise and training on the use of the Change Management Process and tool
- Maintain and improve process effectiveness (quality), process efficiency (cost), process performance (throughput) and process vulnerability (security)
- Initiate follow-up actions to correct any problems or inefficiencies arising during execution of the Change Management
- Process and highlight any issues or ideas of improvement to IT Operations leadership
- Assist the ITSM Organization in identifying and planning for process improvement projects in Change Management and other ITIL process areas such as Software Asset Management-CMDB, Service Level Management, Service Catalog Management
- Update, maintain and publish Change Calendar; Organize and manage the Emergency Change process
- Respond to annual audit requests related to change management
- Review and reduce emergency changes and unauthorized change
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Seven or more years of progressive experience in IT Operations or other related discipline
- Experience working with ServiceNow (or other related ITSM applications)
- Advanced knowledge of Incident/Problem/Change Management frameworks such as ITIL v3/v4, TQM or ISO 9000:2000
- Advanced ability to review/enhance process documentation, as well as define and execute process improvement roadmaps
- Strong experience defining improvement project requirements by interviewing stakeholders, analyzing data and processes, determining project scope and documenting results, and defining process KPIs.
- US Citizenship for this position is required by law due to federal customer contracts
- Five or more years of experience in Change/Incident/Problem Management or Project Management
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundations certification
- ServiceNow training and/or certification
- Business Process Improvement training
- Prior experience in a Data Center or Managed Services environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Actively invests in growing yourself and others to build the talent and capabilities required for sustained success. Provide training and mentorship for QTS Technology Operations staff
- Demonstrates strong team facilitation, task/time management, executive level communication, strong verbal and written communications, stakeholder management, relationship building and customer relationship management
- Capable of handling multiple simultaneous tasks under pressure while maintaining strong customer service and a professional demeanor
This role is also eligible for a competitive beneﬁts package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; ﬂexible spending and HSA accounts; paid holidays; paid time off; paid volunteer days; employee assistance program; tuition assistance; parental leave; military leave assistance; QTS scholarship for dependents; wellness program, and other company beneﬁts.
This position is Bonus eligible.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
To apply for this job please visit qtsdatacenters.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.