Director, Supply Chain & Logistics
The Director, Supply Chain and Logistics is responsible for directing our supply chain, storage, and logistics of critical long-lead equipment needed for our data centers. This role will involve extensive cross-functional collaboration, engagement with internal and external stakeholders, and defining programmatic approaches for scaling to one of the largest data center ecosystems in the world. We’re looking for an adaptive leader and excellent communicator to build out a logistics team that can further enable our high-growth ambitions. This position requires a strong background in warehousing, supply chain technology, 3PL partnership, and materials management.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
- Apply supply chain expertise to manage key logistics processes, including vendor management, shipping, inventory, warehousing, and transportation.
- Lead and oversee complex projects from initiation to completion, ensuring alignment with internal stakeholders.
- Manage project timelines, pinpoint challenges, and communicate objectives clearly to all involved parties.
- Supervise and motivate outsourced teams for optimal daily operations in both warehouses and data centers.
- Oversee third-party logistics (3PL) warehouse sites and maintain regular tracking of KPIs and vendor performance.
- Analyze regional logistics data, ensuring alignment with both local and global operational strategies.
- Provide insights on forecasts for equipment deployment and decommissioning, making necessary adjustments based on local needs.
- Offer guidance on system tools, collaborating with IT teams to refine tooling requirements for regional logistics.
- Collaborate with strategic sourcing, compliance, and related teams to streamline delivery processes and support data center expansion strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain management, Construction management or similar or equivalent professional experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in supply chain, storage, and logistics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Smartsheet.
- Extensive knowledge supply chain technology systems.
- US Citizenship for this position is required by law due to federal customer contracts
- Ten or more years of experience with heavy machinery or equipment storage and logistics.
- Experience in a hyper-growth company or business segment
- Experience in the Data Center industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Problem solving and analytical skills required to correctly frame and guide critical decisions.
- Strong desire and self-motivated to learn and expand knowledge of technical and interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical capabilities and technical knowledge.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills with the capacity to articulate complex technical topics to varying audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organized, detail-oriented.
- Ability to travel periodically to other offices and project sites.
- This role is also eligible for a competitive beneﬁts package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; ﬂexible spending and HSA accounts; paid holidays; paid time off; paid volunteer days; employee assistance program; tuition assistance; parental leave; military leave assistance; QTS scholarship for dependents; wellness program, and other company beneﬁts.
- This position is bonus eligible.
- This job may be eligible for equity.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
To apply for this job please visit qtsdatacenters.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.