Senior Consultant – Data & Analytics
Website North Highland
LEAVE YOUR MARK ON A BETTER WORLD.
COLLABORATE WITH AMAZING PEOPLE.
MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN.
At North Highland, we believe in doing great things together. With you. With our clients. With a perspective on actions today that shape tomorrow. As the world’s most innovative, collaborative consulting group, we’ve built a space to share ideas like never before. Do you have the skills, passion and commitment to transform industries for the better? Think you can bring your A-game every day? If so, join us. We like big thinkers with action on the brain…
Our Data & Analytics experts deliver fresh perspectives that help our clients realize their full potential and achieve high-impact results. We unite technical skill and industry expertise to drive transformations that make data-driven decision making attainable through customer analytics, data visualization, information management and data engineering. As a part of our team you’ll develop strategies that turn data into a competitive asset for our clients.
Why North Highland? Every choice you make will give you the opportunity to grow. It’s our employee ownership model – with plenty of coaching and personal development opportunities in the mix. For us, training doesn’t have an off switch. You’ll learn new things, both during and beyond traditional working hours. We want people who strive for the next level, then the next.
At North Highland, you’re never a number. Our firm is large enough to scale up, test your mettle and tackle big challenges, but small enough that clients won’t lose your face in a crowd. You’re recognized individually.
We started as three leaders and a kitchen table. Which means we know expectations are made to be broken. Want to surprise us? Do it. Experiment and stretch yourself. There’s room to grow as a budding entrepreneur.
Senior Consultant – Data & Analytics
Data & Analytics is North Highland’s leading growth area and we are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join out Data & Analytics capability, focusing on advanced analytics, data visualization, machine learning, data wrangling, and emerging cloud technologies.
The exciting work you will do:
- Use knowledge of data analytics to increase client impact, develop your skillset and grow your career
- Work with new and emerging technologies
- Work on advanced analytical projects for clients under supervision of lead data scientist
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to understand the business problem, work through solutioning, and present analytic findings to the client
- Building effective visual presentations and analytical dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau and other tools to present analytical findings
- Handling large volumes of data in a variety of formats for preparation of data insights
- Rapid prototyping and exploratory analytical work in the North Highland Insight Lab using commercial, public and private data
- Being a part of a collaborative team working to creatively solve complex technical and business problems that in the end drive real business value
- Make your mark by working directly with clients as a visible and engaged member of the team
- Collaborate across disciplines to deliver creative solutions to client challenges
- Actively contribute to business development proposals and the identification of new opportunities
- Establish positive relationships with clients and peers that build credibility, foster your support network and empower career development
- Develop a deeper understanding of our firm’s shared vision to build our clients’ capabilities and unleash their potential
- At least 4-8 years of hands-on data analytics experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful consulting engagement experience; including a role in managing and interfacing with senior level client executives
- Motivated self-starter enjoying the fast-paced world of analytics consulting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics,
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical audience of wide variety of levels including client-facing senior management
- Analytical scripting language skills, such as Python, R, SAS
- Data Visualization tools: Tableau, QlikView, Power BI
- Familiarity with the scripting data and machine learning ecosystems – (Jupyter Notebooks, scikit-learn, SciPy, NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Experience with wide array of analytical approaches (correlation analysis, predictive and explanatory modeling, data mining, unsupervised clustering, analysis of unstructured data)
- Solid SQL skills – via exposure to RDBMS’s such as Amazon Redshift, Google Cloud BigQuery, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, postgres, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies – Data warehouse (BigQuery, RedShift) / cloud storage (GS, S3) / app engine (GCP App Engine, AWS Elastic Beanstalk)
- Experience with “Big Data” environments
- Working knowledge of data movement ETL technologies – Stored procedures, SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx
- Ability to gather and document business requirements and translate them to technical requirements
- Understanding of business functions (sales, finance, marketing, operations) and how they relate to business intelligence solutions
- Has the investigative mindset and related skills that can be used with any number of tools to explore available data
- Ability to self-direct and manage priorities; ability to handle issues that are not well-defined and/or conflict with available information; ability to successfully navigate ambiguity to resolution
- Ability to travel freely to fulfill client requirements and project needs
- Master’s degree in MIS or Analytics
- Professional certifications in data technologies (BI tools, cloud technologies, ETL, etc.)
- Familiarity with dimensional modeling techniques (star schemas, facts, dimensions, etc.)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization, and influence senior management, peers and staff through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results
To apply for this job please visit careers.northhighland.com.