Data Center Operations Summer Internship
A Day in the Life of a Data Center Intern:
Monday to Friday
7:00AM to 4:00PM
During the months of May to August
You will work with Data Center Facilities team members in supporting the organization’s data centers. You will assist and support our data center infrastructure management (DCIM) tool, inventory management, technical writing/documentation, data manipulation, report creations, dashboard and alerting configurations.
One of the primary goals will be importing existing IT asset inventory into our Sunbird DCIM.
Data gathering will include a combination of collecting data from multiple homegrown databases in addition to routinely performing physical audits within the data center cabinets.
You will also be expected to perform administrative tasks that are necessary to the team’s success such as data center IT and facilities monitoring.
You will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree during Summer 2022
Preferred Degree Paths: Computer Science, or other equivalent discipline
- Experience with an IT lab, computer room, or data center is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office, data manipulation, and reporting tools is preferred.
- Experience with power or network infrastructure is preferred.
- The candidate must be able to interact and communicate well with supervisor, technical team members, and non-technical customers.
- The candidate must also be willing to study reference materials to resolve problems, make suggestions for improvements, and design projects.
- Good organizational skills, documentation skills, and professionalism are essential.
- Sophomore (28 to 59 credits) – $3,170/ month
- Junior (60 to 89 credits) – $3,467/month
- Senior (90 or more credits) – $3,623/month
- Graduate Student – $4,333/month
You must be able to work in our Tucker, GA Data Center for 3 months in the Summer of 2022
Relocation assistance is not provided, but NS does offer a Living Stipend of $750/month, which is taxed, to those who qualify.