Network Systems Summer Internship
A Day in the Life of a IT – Network Operations Intern:
Monday to Friday
7:00AM to 4:00PM
During the months of May to August
As an intern within our Information Technology Department, you will have the opportunity to be involved with the development of a variety of enterprise web applications and with existing systems enhancements to help facilitate train operations. You will also be working on enhancing unique and exciting systems that support business operations including train management and control systems, geographic information systems and maps, complex event management, customer support systems and may include support, trouble-shooting and problem resolution skills.
What makes a successful Information Technology Intern?
- Articulate technical and business elements of the job function.
- Strong communication skills both verbally & written.
- Have the aptitude to learn new skills, interact with and engage with peers, management, and business partners.
As an intern you will:
You will be a member of the Network Operations team.
- Complete requests for voice and data connectivity
- Work on multiple projects with your teammates.
- Be entrusted with independent assignments.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN network connectivity
- 802.11 wireless
- PBX systems
- VISIO is a plus
You will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree (BS) program at the time of the Internship.
Preferred Majors: Computer and Information Sciences, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a similar field.
Coursework in Information Security and/or Information Assurance a plus
- Sophomore (28 to 59 credits) – $3,170/ month
- Junior (60 to 89 credits) – $3,467/month
- Senior (90 or more credits) – $3,623/month
- Graduate Student – $4,333/month
You must be able to work in our midtown Atlanta HQ for 3 months in the Summer of 2022
Relocation assistance is not provided, but Norfolk Southern does offer a Living Stipend of $750/month, which is taxed, to those who qualify.