Information Security Intern – Fall 2022
You will work collaboratively with other information security personnel and provide the day to day support for information security prevention and detection systems. Additionally, this position will require the ability to quickly respond to information security incidents. The Information Security Intern will perform tasks to ensure the health and functionality of assigned platforms including monitoring and continuously improving them to meet the challenges of a constantly changing environment of cyber security.
The candidates most likely to succeed will be those who possess a disciplined, yet inquisitive nature to analyze suspicious activities on the network or end user device.
As an intern you will:
You will be a member of the Information Security team and will participate in the continuous improvement of the overall information security program. Additionally, the candidate will also provide research and investigations for discovered anomalies.
- Provide platform support for assigned prevention and detection tools
- Respond to network and host based security events
- Participate in detecting, investigating, and resolving security events
- Assist in the collection and production of metrics
- Capable of working independently and involving leadership as necessary
- Work with Cyber Security Incident Response on escalated items
You will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree (BS) program at the time of the Internship.
Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field.
Coursework in Information Security and/or Information Assurance a plus
- Knowledge of Windows OS and *NIX (UNIX and LINUX) systems
- Malware cleaning experience
- Understanding of Network Architecture and Network Protocols
- Network Intrusion Detection System (IDS) or Network Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Python or PowerShell scripting
- Passion to work with a diverse team and assist in improving the security program of a large enterprise
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through, initiative, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communications skills and ability to deal effectively with business partners, peers and management
Sophomore (28 to 59 credits) – $3,170/ month
Junior (60 to 89 credits) – $3,467/month
Senior (90 or more credits) – $3,623/month
Graduate Student – $4,333/month
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nscorp.com.