SAP EAM Functional Analyst
Norfolk Southern Corporation is seeking a highly motivated and qualified SAP EAM functional analyst. Become a member of Norfolk Southern’s SAP team to deliver highest value, competitive advantage solutions across all business functions. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team responsible for ensuring the quality of the corporation’s imperative and highly visible projects.
As an SAP EAM functional Analyst, the candidate will design, realize, and deploy SAP solutions to achieve defined business goals. The successful candidate will provide expertise in EAM functional implementation and Asset Maintenance best practices and be responsible for design, configure and development of IT solutions for Plant Maintenance and supporting EAM functions. Provide SAP subject matter expertise for other IT interfacing applications and design SAP solutions using SAP RICEFW (Report, Interface, Conversion, Enhancements, Forms, and workflow). The candidate will work closely with the IT delivery manager to deliver SAP Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) services and programs to manage and support reliability of critical assets in Norfolk Southern Corporation.
4-yr College Degree preferred in an appropriate field of study, mathematics, engineering, or computer science.
- Leads EAM Work stream in project scoping, detailed business process requirements gathering, and project blueprint/design activities
- Works with the IT product manager and internal business partners to assess current business and system processes and defines plans for improvement
- Work with the IT product manager and business users to interpret and refine business requirements then translate those business requirements into designs and specifications that consider business process, industry trends, and SAP best practices.
- Assists in the leading of SAP EAM implementation projects through all phases including blueprint, realization & testing, final preparation, and go-live support
- Utilizes functional knowledge to develop system solution designs that most effectively support business requirements
- Configures SAP system to meet design requirements. Exhibits expert level understanding of SAP Plant Maintenance configuration, measurement points, equipment master, user statues, complex equipment hierarchies, classification, work order and work order settlement, and has participated in upgrades and large enhancement projects
- Develops functional specifications and coordinates the testing and integration of development activities. Supports or leads data mapping and conversion activities
Assesses ongoing project issues and risks and work with management to manage those risks
- Provide analysis and estimates for upcoming efforts.
- Contribute to documentation efforts in support of project work.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 to 7 years related experience
- 5 years or more SAP Plant Maintenance implementation experience including at least two full-lifecycle SAP projects
- 3+ years of experience delivering SAP functional specifications for all RICEFW development objects
- 3+ years SAP PM configuration experience
- Expertise in best practice maintenance business process across multiple asset types
- Strong functional understanding of the integration between SAP PM, MM/IM, FI, and HR modules.
- 3+ years of experience with data mapping & conversion using various data migration tools
- 2+ years’ experience delivering Fiori-based SAP applications
- Experience managing project activities / teams and application of structured implementation project methodologies and tools
- Must possess knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- 5 years of designing and developing complex Work Management solutions using SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) module
- Proficient in writing requirements document, functional specifications and preparing business process flows.
- Experience with all areas of PM configurations – knowledge of idocs, BAPIs, BADIs and RFCs.
- Able to communicate effectively, demonstrate teamwork, use productive work methods, exercise sound judgment and display initiative and innovation.
- Functional understanding of EAM integration with key SAP modules including: SAP PM, MM/IM, FI, and HR modules
- Experience creating As-Is, To-be process flows, gap analysis and preparation of function specifications.
- Experience in defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing, and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership.
- Knowledge of S/4HANA or Cloud