Network Engineer (ACI)
As a Network Engineer at Norfolk Southern you will work as a member of a group responsible for support of IP data and telecommunications network connectivity within the NS enterprise. Candidate should have an advanced understanding of architecture and design issues in a complex enterprise network.
Various projects and areas of responsibility include the following: WAN/LAN network architecture, IPAM, mobile networking, data center network infrastructure, network services (e.g. DNS/DHCP), Internet/DMZ/VPN environments, network security (firewalls, IDS/IPS), as well as network monitoring, management, and performance tools and methods. Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary. Depending on the project, some travel may be required.
A significant part of the required daily activities involves support of the existing network infrastructure in NS data centers.
Candidate will satisfy the majority of the following list of qualifications.
- Six years+ experience in an architect, design, operations/support, and/or project implementation role for a large enterprise network
- Hands-on experience with Cisco network hardware including routers, switches, and security appliances
- Experience with design and implementation of data center networks, including blade server environments, server virtualization, and extensive experience supporting Cisco ACI
- Knowledge and experience with networking protocols and configurations including OSPF, BGP, HSRP, multicast, SIP, QoS, VLANs, and MPLS.
- Experience with Implementation and support of Cloud based networking including security considerations
- Experience with the design of physical networks including fiber and copper cabling
- Knowledge and experience with network management systems
- Familiarity with operating systems (Cisco IOS, LINUX, Windows) and scripting languages
Candidate will satisfy the majority of the following list of desired skills.
- Ability to work effectively alone and as a member of a team to complete assignments
- Must have the initiative to create structure and definition around a project, and to drive it through to successful completion
- Advanced planning, critical thinking and design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with creating and updating technical documentation.
- Experience in project management methodology
- Ability to maintain focus on multiple projects concurrently
Minimum two-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Four-year degree is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nscorp.com.