Functional Analyst – SAP
Works closely to deliver and support Norfolk Southern’s SAP Linear Asset Management (LAM) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) services and programs that are focused around SAP’s Plant Maintenance (PM) module, and provides expertise in the area of EAM and LAM best practices.
- Supports SAP EAM/LAM Work streams in detailed business process requirements definition and project blueprint activities.
- Works with internal business customers to assess current business and system processes and defines plans for improvement.
- Supports SAP EAM/LAM implementation projects through all phases including blueprint, realization & testing, final preparation and post go-live support
- Utilizes functional knowledge to develop system solutions designs that most effectively support business requirements
- Configures SAP system to meet design requirements. Establishes test plans and leads unit integration and user acceptance test efforts
- Develops functional specifications and coordinates the testing and integration of development activities. Supports or leads data mapping and conversion activities
- Supports or leads system integration activities and the development of complete process solutions incorporating additional SAP modules
- Supports Key integration SAP EAM/LAM points including: MM, FI, HR modules as well as GIS
- Assesses ongoing project issues and risks and work with management to manage risks
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5-7 years related experience
- 5-7 years or more SAP LAM implementation experience including at least 1 full lifecycle SAP Plant Maintenance Projects
- 5 years or more SAP LAM implementation experience including at least 1 full lifecycle SAP LAM project.
- Strong functional knowledge of Maintenance, Inventory Mgt. and related business processes and related SAP EAM supporting capabilities
- Experience developing training materials and delivering end user training
- Must possess deep knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
In addition to core SAP PM Proficiency; experience with other SAP Modules including: MM, PS, PP, LAM, FI & CO, HR, QM, PP, and/or Cross Application Timesheet are considered a plus
Proficiency in Planning & Scheduling processes and tools