Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse Project Lead/Analyst
Fortune 300 company, Norfolk Southern Corporation, is in need of a talented Lead/Analyst to join our BI/DW Team in the Information Technology Department. We seek an energetic person with proficiency in the areas of data analytics, communication, and leading projects. Join our team to become deeply involved in helping our company continue to build out part of our strategic vision of being highly Data Driven!
This position requires a balance of theoretical business intelligence and data analytics knowledge and hands-on experience and exposure to real-world BI problem-solving.
In this role, you will work with people from many areas of the company to understand their data and BI needs and perform detailed requirements gathering along with analysis in partnership with our team of Data Modelers. When work has been clearly defined you will engage our BI development team to agree on effort estimates and then oversee the progress of the project through it’s completion. Ultimately, all projects assigned to you will come with the expectation of full ownership to ensure it is completed on time and of high quality. The successful candidate will be a person who excels at diving into sometimes complex BI projects and can understand the big picture and break it into manageable pieces for the development team. You will routinely work and interact with cross-functional teams from IT and other business areas to complete some efforts. On larger or highly visible projects you may often need to lead status meetings with high level executives in attendance. You will also often need to engage very directly with your assigned development resources on some development efforts where a high level of coordination may be required.
- SQL – Intermediate knowledge at a minimum
- Ability to gather project requirements and document
- Ability to lead project teams from requirements through implementation
- Knowledge of the Data Architecture components used in large companies
- Tools that extract-transform-load data (ETL Tools)
- Tools used to build dashboards/reports
- Tools used to virtualize data
- Knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with MS Office applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with solid teamwork, ethic and customer focus skills.
- Knowledge of Agile project management and techniques
- Knowledge of specific tools used at NS for Analytics and Data Movement:Alteryx
- Tibco Data Virtualization (TDV)
- Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC)
- Knowledge of specific databases used at NS:Teradata
- SQL Server
Minimum Level: 2+ Years
Preferred Level: 5+ Years
4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field