Atlassian Tools Administrator
Norfolk Southern is seeking an Atlassian Tools Administrator who will be responsible for implementation and management of an Atlassian application stack including integrations with other applicable tools and plug-ins. The Agile Tools Administrator will be an integral team member of the PMO and perform application administrator functions, serve as the lead contact with the software vendor, support end-users and serve as the internal SME for the PMO on the Atlassian tool set (i.e. Jira, Confluence, Jira Align etc…).
Initial duties will focus on understanding current process, gathering requirements, investigating solutions, analyzing impact, communicating with stakeholders and leading implementation of applications including a re-implementation of Jira along with an initial implementation of Confluence and Jira Align.
- Daily management of Atlassian applications including working with stakeholders and end users to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Develop, communicate, and execute on a roadmap for Atlassian applications
- Provide ongoing assessment, analysis and continuous improvement to the Agile tool set in collaboration with the PMO and Agile coaching team
- Maintain and manage projects, boards, workflows, tasks/issues, users, permissions and maintaining security for Atlassian applications
- Develop, enhance and maintain Jira filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows and fields to improve user experience across the entire user community including scrum masters, product owners, IT leadership and additional stakeholders
- Setup, configure and manage Atlassian applications ensuring a cohesive and optimal interface across the tool set including integrations with additional tools and applications
- Research, provide recommendations, test and implement new versions of the applications and plug-ins
- Establish best practices ensuring standardization and consistency of use across the Atlassian tool set is maintained
- Own all aspects of knowledge development for the Atlassian tool set including developing and maintaining user reference guides, training materials and conducting end-user training as necessary.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to take direction and work well under limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write about technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to execute the long-term vision
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline (information technology focus a plus)
- Active Agile and/or Project Management certification (i.e. CSM, CSPO, PSM, PMI-ACP, SAFe Agilist, PMP, PgMP etc…)
- Knowledge and understanding of the software development cycle as well as a conceptual and practical understanding of Agile frameworks including Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
- Experience leading and/or supporting software development projects including system integration experience
- 3+ years of experience as an administrator for Atlassian products including proven experience as a Jira administrator
- Direct experience implementing and managing Atlassian application stack including Jira, Confluence and Jira Align
- Proven track record with Atlassian installations, migrations, upgrades, plug-in installations and system integrations
- Experience customizing workflows, setting up dashboards, and generating reports
- Proficient with Jira Query Language (JQL)
- Experience using Jira REST APIs for integration with other tools is preferred
- Atlassian certification (ACP-120 and/or ACP-620) is preferred
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Norfolk Southern is in the process of constructing a vibrant & modern corporate HQ in Midtown Atlanta, GA. Our HQ is scheduled for completion this September. To check out a sneak peek, we’ve linked a playlist below.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.
We are a team of more than 20,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as “The Thoroughbred of Transportation.” As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and, gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Don’t just work here, Thrive here.