ACCOUNT MANAGER – COX BUSINESS
Cox Business has a unique opportunity for an Account Manager who will retain and grow valuable large accounts (exceeding 100 employees). This position is responsible for selling complex bundled telephony, data, video, and managed cloud solutions to large accounts to meet their business communications needs. The individual in this role will be responsible for maintaining ongoing relationships and retaining an assigned base of existing customers by minimizing controllable churn and renewing contracts as well as ensuring customer satisfaction, expanding the customer base, and meeting corporate/regional revenue goals.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Generates new sales opportunities; identifies new prospects or new departments/divisions/branches of organizations that are already Cox Business customers by using multiple sources of sales leads and contacts.
- Calls on prospective customers to develop new or expanded sales opportunities and set an appointment to discuss their communication needs, as appropriate.
- Meets with prospective and existing customers to assess their communication needs and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
- Proactively contacts customers prior to contract expiration and/or responds to customer requests to reduce spending or cancel contracts in order to solve problems, renew contracts and sell additional products and services.
- Develops strategies, proposals, and presentations to sell complex bundled voice, data, and video solutions to customers.
Makes sales presentations to customer decision-makers who represent new or incremental sales opportunities. Uses value-based selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox products and to educate and influence customers.
- Negotiates pricing and products with new and existing customers. Ensures that product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Serves as the main point of contact and ensures customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle. Develops future business opportunities and gains referrals. Makes frequent contact; maintains in-depth knowledge of customers’ business, industry, and key competitors; regularly updates needs analysis; customers as required.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- Develops and maintains sales plans for assigned accounts.
- Proactively manages the base of revenue by contacting customers prior to contract expiration for renewal and upsell.
Refers contact information for a customer or prospect to the appropriate Sales Representative if the sale is not appropriate (e.g. not in assigned segment, customer or prospect is too small).
- Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Project Manager, Service Delivery, Sales Engineer, and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet large/complex customer needs and address issues regarding installation or service.
- Assesses the ROI/IRR for prospects who are not currently on the Cox network and forwards the result for approval.
- Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose. Manages and maintains required pipeline, win/loss, and forecast data, providing updates as required by management.
- Keeps CRM up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
- Stays up-to-date on Cox’s products and services. Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, and video services/solutions, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 8 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 2 years successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas, cold calling; and 1-year telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) sales experience
- Requires 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent assignment management, relationship building, business advisory skills, business sales skills, written communication, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, results delivered, and sales disposition skills in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- 2 years successful telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) sales experience
- Knowledge of managed cloud solutions
- 5 years experience in a complex, technical sales environment
- Knowledge of the local market, local contacts
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 3010 W Agua Fria Fwy, Phoenix, AZ, US
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 217365