Advanced Hardware Engineer
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Aerospace Materials Engineering (MatEng) is seeking an electronic component failure analysis engineer. This position is at the Advanced Engineer level and will be based at the Clearwater, Florida, Failure Analysis Lab. The position requires the hands on destructive analysis and evaluation of electrical components and other related devices. The candidate should possess skills in schematic interpretation and test circuit development. Additionally, the candidate should be familiar with the basic construction and operating principals of common electrical components. Additional assets include knowledge in the use of scanning electron microscopy and energy dispersive spectroscopy, chemistry, identification of materials, de-processing of parts or assemblies, x-ray radiography (real time and film) including film interpretation and component electrical testing skills.
· Ability to perform destructive physical analysis (DPA) in accordance with military specifications
· Ability to review and approve DPA reports
· Ability to determine appropriate documentation and tests for leak checks
· Familiarity with military specifications for DPA and other tests for electronic components
· Familiarity with the use of curve tracers, oscilloscopes, function generators, LCZ bridges, and general purpose test equipment
· Experience with performing both macro and micro photography
· Ability to develop skills to maintain, support, and utilize specialized lab equipment and systems
· Ability to perform electrical testing on all submitted components and assemblies to the extent a reported failure is verified
· Ability to perform physical failure analysis on all components and assemblies to isolate and identify a failure
· Ability to determine failure root cause and appropriate corrective actions, and implement those actions
· Ability to assess component level failure mechanisms against system level failure signatures
· Ability to apply six sigma tools in the failure analysis process including development and implementation of design of experiments (DOE’s)
· Ability to provide program/customer/laboratory interface and communications to assure full integration of the labs in the program level failure investigation process
· Ability to provide technical expertise to assist programs with part problem decisions and in establishing corrective action
· Ability to develop component failure analysis process and methodology enhancements to expand overall lab capability in performing failure analyses
· Ability to perform trade studies to evaluate reliability/failure characteristics of components and assemblies
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· 7 years of engineering experience in a failure analysis laboratory environment
· Strong focus on task completion and exceeding expectations
· Strong focus on problem solving
· Strong technical writing skills
· Strong communication skills to enable interface with programs and their customers
· Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and with respect to generating reports, charts, graphs, etc.
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to quickly assimilate new concepts and information
· Ability to multi-task work assignments
· Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
· Ability to work independently with minimal work direction
To apply for this job please visit honeywell.csod.com.