Director of IT
Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with th
Honeywell is charging into the IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions.
HCE provides cloud-based Enterprise Performance Management offerings in a variety of domains such as Buildings, Industrial Plants and Aero enabling customers with faster innovation, efficient operations and maximizing the value of their assets. Powering all the HCE offerings is the underlying platform — Honeywell Forge which provides an open and extensible foundation to unify operations and leverage the innovative capabilities consistently across the customer business units.
Director of IT for the Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE) is a key IT leadership role & functions as a liaison between Honeywell Enterprise IT & the HCE Get Stuff Done (GSD) team. This role is responsible for understanding critical business processes & objectives, providing a single point of coordination for the business team across the IT organization, working with the IT development teams to ensure successful technology deployments, driving the development of the IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy. This role will work closely with the HCE Finance, Customer Operations, Technology, and Product teams.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Works directly with the HCE GSD team to identify, prioritize, and execute key IT projects aligned to business strategies.
These projects may be linked to externally facing products/offerings, support of the products internally, or support of the business itself
Accountable to the business teams to ensure delivery of strategic IT initiatives to drive business results
Responsible for program issue resolution, requirements fidelity, driving business value & long-range strategy
This role includes directing critical incident management support and coordination of timely service restoration, for 24/7 major/critical incidents
Runs an operating system that ensures IT strategy is directly aligned with HCE projects and priorities
Provides direction & negotiates with business & IT stakeholders to define long term solutions that align to long term business strategy
Helps in crafting and executing Annual operating plan including the IT budget
PORTFOLIO & INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
Responsible for driving the execution of the IT investment portfolio for the HCE organization
Works closely with the leadership to negotiate investment priorities & represents the business as part of the IT Governance process (Interlock & Governance Board)
Works with the project delivery teams to ensure project execution adherence to schedule & cost/benefit targets of approved IT projects & activities on time, on spec and on budget execution of the projects
INCIDENT MANAGEMENT LEAD
Primarily responsible for providing timely communications and end-to-end ownership of process and execution of priority incidents affecting availability of IT applications/services. The scope of this role includes providing critical incident management support, determining root cause and counter measures and coordination of timely service restoration and execution of counter measures
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years experience working in Information Technology with increasingly responsible roles
- Minimum 5 years in IT or business leadership or large program management positions
- Minimum 5 years of Incident Management experience in managing level II support for multiple and diverse client portfolio
- MBA a plus
- Customer focused & skilled relationship builder with capacity to initiate & foster collaborative relationships & trust. Interacts with consistency throughout the organization & adapts easily to the organizations structure
- Hands on, quick learner & forward thinker, one who anticipates & initiates appropriate action to ensure organization continuity, & attention to detail
- Organizational & time leadership skills to prioritize, process & follow through on multiple task
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certified
- Prior IT Consulting Experience a plus
- Prior leadership in Technology development org (R&D) a plus