SOFTWARE ENGINEERING CO-OP
As a Software Engineering Co-op, you will have the opportunity to Imagine, Design, Build, & Learn! This role offers hands-on experience while working on challenging projects that contribute to the company’s growth! You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business and partner with a mentor who will help set your specific goals, deliverables, and expectations throughout your rotation.
This position is located in Louisville, KY. Housing and relocation assistance is available.
We have 3 co-op rotations available for students and encourage students to complete a minimum of 2 rotations and a maximum of 5 rotations alternating between full time work and full time school.
- Spring 2023 semester will begin on January 9, 2023 and end on May 5, 2023
- Summer 2023 semester will begin on May 15, 2023 and end on August 11, 2023
- Fall 2023 semester will begin on August 21, 2023 and December 15, 2023
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with your mentor to accomplish established goals that support the business and offer learning opportunity
- Complete innovative, technical assignments in areas such as New Product Introduction, Product Improvement, Modeling and Simulation, Advanced Development, Sourced Products, Software Development, or GEA’s own Micro-Factory, FirstBuild!
- Attend development and training sessions to enhance your technical knowledge and professional enhancement
- Take part in networking and community volunteer projects
- Optional events will be available both in and out of work. These include lunches, weekend activities, sports, and cookouts.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Software, Bio, or Chemical Engineering)
- December 2023 or later graduation date
- Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- Ability to have two or more co-op rotations before graduation
- Related coursework
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Desire and ability to learn
- Passion for engineering
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org