Principal Engineer (Technology Director) (J00124535)
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company. We believe knowledge drives progress. We blend unique data, analytics and technology with a passion for serving customers globally, to create insights to power the decisions that move people forward. We serve as a consumer advocate, steward of financial literacy, and champion of economic advancement.
As an innovative global company that enables access to credit, we’re part of breakthrough collaborations and innovations that address complex social challenges such as social welfare, community relations and financial education for underprivileged youth. We establish relationships that create economically healthy communities. We help individuals gain financial independence by increasing access to capital for small businesses. And we provide young adults entering college or university with financial education tools.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business. We are powering the World with Knowledge and looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries, 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative work spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
What you will do:
- Hands-on technology leader who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable.
- Expert in Portals, UI engineering leader and API automation practices
- Expert in multiple cloud technologies and DevOps automations
- Proficient in API first practices
- Develop high performing talent and team. Guide and coach the teams to achieve the right priorities
- Drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions and policies.
- Create or introduce, test, and deploy disruptive technology to optimize existing services and/or create new market opportunities.
- Design and build technical road-maps to optimize services and functions with a focus on performance and cost/benefit optimization.
- Design and lead end to end software’s development including design, development, documentation, and testing of mission critical services.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the organization of engineers.
- Define and lead strategy and roadmap, balancing short and long-term priorities against business needs. Anticipate and solve challenges across functional groups demonstrating imaginative problem-solving skills.
- Lead significant production improvements that result in direct business opportunities for Equifax.
- Have strong ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment. Public speaking as a technology evangelist for Equifax
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert in building portals and UI (preferably Angular) along with API first philosophy
- Proficient in multiple cloud technologies (preferably GCP)
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages such as .Net, Java, Python, Angular, NodeJS, etc.
- Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), microservice design, CI/CD, DevOps
- Experience with the strangulation pattern and anti-corruption layers to migrate monolithic systems into independent services
- Expert in modern software design principles such as SOLID, DRY, and Single responsibility
- Mentor and teacher of new technologies and design patterns
- Extensive experience in Cloud, storage, computing and distributed systems
- Ability to do fast prototyping of innovative and disruptive cloud technologies.
- Ability to make technical decisions and influence executive decisions.
- GCP Certifications and architect certifications
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as Product Management, UX, Site Reliability Engineering, Test, Legal, Security, Privacy, etc.
- Technical experience leading and influencing multiple teams of engineers concurrently while partnering on broader development initiatives.
- Track record of ideation and innovating technology at scale.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset, thriving at the intersection of technology and business
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status .
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!