Technical Program Management – Specialist (J00127073 )
Workforce Solutions is seeking candidates for this role to be experienced in running large technology initiatives / programs within a product environment. A successful candidate will operate with a strong sense of urgency and ownership in a fast-paced agile environment. This position is an exciting multi faceted opportunity for candidates who are highly motivated to succeed, fast learners, influential, passionate about solving problems and perform as a team player.
This role will be responsible for oversight of multiple initiatives, and milestones for this growing technology team utilizing multiple methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid methodologies, etc.). This will include, but not limited to, supporting Project Managers/Scrum Masters in negotiating and managing consensus relative to priorities, timing, rollout, and change management across multiple organizations and stakeholders. The Technical Project Manager must be able to effectively manage impact to the broader organization, be detailed-oriented and communicate effectively across all levels of the enterprise, including Senior Leadership. The Technical Project Manager/P&E Lead must be able to coordinate change through customer facing teams. Status reporting and providing transparency into the transformation process will be a key objective and determinant of success. Additional skills required are monitoring progress against strategic goals, measuring key metrics, communicating, and driving/leading project teams as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex, cross-functional Technology programs and initiatives in a high-performing team
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team of stakeholders and play a leadership role in building and maintaining customer relationships in support of Product delivery
- Partner with Product Management to align and execute against Roadmap priorities (EWS, Alliance, COE, BU)
- Drive cross-functional project teams to deliver new service implementations
- Understand the inter-dependability of the platforms, features and the impact of changes
- Leverage Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid methodologies as deemed appropriate for a given situation or need
- Track metrics of team progress, productivity and use the metrics to help the team improve performance
- Perform Program Risk Management analysis and act as the liaison between the product/project team, leadership, and other key stakeholders
- Understand technical nature of the issues to be able to help resolve the impediments
- Ensure that all capabilities align with original business objectives and requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, peers, and leaders
- Communicate program/initiative measures of success, plans, status, issues and risks to team members, stakeholders, and management
- Perform analysis on results and use data to derive conclusions. Communicate analysis to key stakeholders using a clear approach and recommendation of valid solutions
- Mentor and coach team members on best practices, lean thinking, and continuous improvement
- Prepare and present Executive level presentations and communications
- Represent initiatives in broader program management community discussions and collaborative groups
- Contribute to and participate in global collaboration for continuous process improvement
- People management/leadership as appropriate
What experience you need:
- A proven functional/technical professional with 8+ years of prior experience in program/project management for cross-functional initiatives is required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
What could set you apart:
- An open mind to learn and adapt to improving the team every day
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and superior organization skills
- Experience working with technology teams in an Agile environment on infrastructure related initiatives in a high growth, complex environment
- Position requires extensive project planning/delivery, judgment, leadership, decision making, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate and create consensus where appropriate with internal groups
- Ability to make decisions related to project/initiative objectives, requirements, process, and budget
- A Lean strategic thinker who values partnerships based on trust, sustainable throughput of value, innovation and relentless improvement
- Focus on metrics relevant to business growth and providing value to our customers;
- Ability to perform structured qualitative and quantitative analysis
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.