Cloud Solutions Architect (J00125355)
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do
- Assist engineering teams with architecture, design, and development of products. You will provide technical estimates and coordinate between the clients and various teams at Equifax to drive solutions into production.
- Partner with Engineering to improve software craftsmanship, prioritize technical issues and align to enterprise standards.
- Maintain competence in the state of the art software engineering patterns/practices and stay ahead of the latest developments.
- Define and own accountability for the architecture of systems within your scope (includes utilizing Corporate Assets, determining roadmaps for how to incrementally achieve end-state goals and communicating business value in technical terms)
- Partner with internal partners to envision large-scale, revenue-generating systems/platforms, and translate that vision to system design at enterprise scale.
- Identify improvement opportunities for people, processes and technologies.
- Be able to analyze highly complex problems and to decompose, relate and design appropriate solutions to those problems.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies in concert with the engineering teams, product management, and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- You have a minimum of 7 years experience building solutions and applications across multiple technology areas and application stacks
- 2+ years experience in an application architecture discipline (cloud, application, technical, solutions)
- 1+ year of cloud computing experience or 6+ months of hands on experience and a cloud certification – GCP preferred, but AWS or Azure acceptable
- 5+ years of Java stack experience as a developer, designer, and architect with a deep understanding of Java design patterns
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience creating the following: deliverables, designs, white papers, estimates, proofs of concept and/or diagrams
- 1+ year experience working in an Agile environment
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Design highly available applications resilient to failure (Frontend, Services, Data)
- Solid experience in designing, developing, and deploying enterprise applications using the latest version of Spring Boot, Spring REST, Spring Security
- Experience in Cloud-native networking and routing (load balancing, service mesh – Istio/ASM, API gateways, secure endpoints)
- Experience working in a Linux based environment
- Experience with Cloud-managed database technologies (e.g. relational and no-SQL)
- Experience with relational databases is a plus but not required (e.g. Oracle and MS SQL Server).
- Knowledge of how cloud costs are impacted by architectural decisions and how to optimize those costs
- Proficiency using CI/CD technologies (build and source code control tools and processes like Git, Jenkins, and Maven)
- Experience with enterprise application development, integration, data management, and enterprise security in a highly-regulated industry
- Experience delivering low latency and scalable solutions at enterprise scale
- Prefer certifications in GCP or other cloud platforms, certification required within first year
- Experience designing secure solutions using various authentication technologies (Okta, oAuth, SecureAuth, PingID, SAML)
- Familiarity with attack vectors (oWASP, SQL Injection, Cross-site scripting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members at various levels
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!