Software Engineer – Specialist (J00136586)
Website EquifaxCareers Equifax
Smarter insights for smarter decisions.
The Software Engineer – Specialist will enhance and maintain legacy systems for the United States and Canada Commercial credit market. The Software Engineer – Specialist will use their many years of experience in Perl and SQL software development to accomplish the following: alter credit data per requirements of customer disputes, change the extract, transform, load (ETL) system to enable ingestion of data from new contributors or changes to current contributor schemas, and additional assignments related to these systems. The position must also be open to learning about technologies such as the Google Cloud Platform as they will participate in the Equifax transformation of the legacy ETL systems to a cloud-based microservice system. The position is expected to complete any and all tasks of the development lifecycle. The position will be assigned to a software development squad and is expected to interact daily with team members to coordinate and collaborate towards achieving their squad’s goals. This position reports to the Director of Systems Development.
What You’ll Do
- Eliciting business requirements from product stakeholders
- Authoring user stories including detailed scenarios
- Design software architecture and process diagrams
- Implementing user stories by developing back-end software, e.g., Extract, Transform, and Load processes or User Interfaces
- Validating software quality by creating unit tests at all application layers as well as recording and reporting test outcomes
- Demonstrating business value delivery to stakeholders and capturing feedback
- Delivering software to end-users by designing and developing automated release pipelines
- Provide feedback and recommend improvements to the software development lifecycle processes
- Research and apply emerging software development technologies
- Provide staff and users with technical support as required
What experience you need
- 10+ years professional experience with Perl programming language
- 10+ years professional experience with SQL programming language
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, engineering or related technical field
- Effective written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to acquire system knowledge by reviewing source code and applying this knowledge to create system enhancements
- Experience in a structured software development life cycle with preference to Agile methodologies
- Experience utilizing a project planning tool with preference to Azure DevOps and Jira
What could set you apart
- Extensive experience with developing processes to transform and load semi-structured data into a relational database utilizing Perl or SQL Server Integration Services
- Proficient with utilizing a SQL to analyze data and develop data models
- Proficient with utilizing automated unit tests to validate code meets expected outcomes with preference to the tSQLt framework for SQL Server
- Proficient with utilizing a software version control system with preference to Git
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!