Databse Administrator/ Database Engineer – REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY (J00127633)
Who is Insights, An Equifax Company?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, financial institutions, government agencies and consumers make critical decisions with greater confidence.
Insights is a division of Workforce Solutions, Equifax’s largest and fastest-growing business unit. Insights delivers breakthrough data and analytics to reduce people-based risk, mitigate fraud and meet compliance mandates. As the nation’s most comprehensive and trusted source of risk and criminal justice intelligence, we offer timely, reliable insights through vertical partners on AI-driven, SaaS-based cloud architecture. We enable commercial enterprises and government agencies to build trust and safety while improving operational efficiencies.
To accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference. We are looking for talented team players to join us as we deliver on our mission of using data and technology for good.
We’re looking for a DBA/database engineer that can help advance Appriss Insights, the nation’s most comprehensive source of person-based incarceration, justice, and risk intelligence data. We enable government agencies and commercial enterprises to save lives, fight crime, prevent fraud, and manage risk.
What you’ll do
- Investigate PL/SQL code and develop new functionality in existing applications
- Redesign existing databases to improve performance and efficiency
- Assessing database management solutions against standards and best practices
- Perform Database Compute and Storage Capacity planning
- Work across functional teams to ensure databases will satisfy key stakeholders’ requirements
- Investigate and resolve data anomalies
- Provide advice on data strategies and design patterns to Software Engineers
What experience you need
- 1+ year experience with GIT
- 5+ years database administration/database engineering
- 3+ years experience with data modeling for OLTP/OLAP
What could set you apart
- AWS/RDS experience
- Scripting for automation experience with either Python (ideally), Java Script or Ruby
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in an on-call rotation to resolve production issues
- Cloud computing experience
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.