Senior Director Data Services (J00127631)
Who is Insights, An Equifax Company?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, financial institutions, government agencies and consumers make critical decisions with greater confidence.
Insights is a division of Workforce Solutions, Equifax’s largest and fastest-growing business unit. Insights delivers breakthrough data and analytics to reduce people-based risk, mitigate fraud and meet compliance mandates. As the nation’s most comprehensive and trusted source of risk and criminal justice intelligence, we offer timely, reliable insights through vertical partners on AI-driven, SaaS-based cloud architecture. We enable commercial enterprises and government agencies to build trust and safety while improving operational efficiencies.
To accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference. We are looking for talented team players to join us as we deliver on our mission of using data and technology for good.
Data Services is part of a larger engineering team of technology and data experts focused on delivering real-time notifications, context-sensitive risk assessments, and actionable insights for early response to people-driven fraud and risk. The Senior Director of Data Services will play a leading role in growing Appriss Insights into a world-class data company with responsibility for Data Acquisition, Data Governance, Data Management, and Data Engineering.
What you’ll do
- Partner with leadership across the enterprise to understand and manage data needs and develop a vision and roadmap to provide a world-class data platform
- Build a modern data environment focused on acquiring and delivering data to the business while leveraging sound governance, tools, and technologies
- Build, mentor, and lead a world-class team of data engineers, data analysts, and data architects Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to meeting data acquisition and data management objectives
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent Data Services from delivering on strategic objectives
- Manage and control costs associated with collecting, managing, and sharing data
- Partner with business and engineering stakeholders while serving as a trusted advisor on new trends and best practices for data management
What experience you need
- 5+ years of experience recruiting, leading, and mentoring a diverse team of data professionals at the Director level
- 10+ years of experience managing data in a B2B SaaS and/or data technology company
- 5+ years of experience building a data services organization through leadership, strategic thinking, and hands-on management
- 3+ years of experience working in growth phase organizations through periods of rapid growth
What could set you apart
- You have a growth mindset. You have a passion for helping your people reach their full potential through encouragement and teaching. You find the best talent, wherever they are, and support them with the best tools. You are dedicated to solving problems for our customers and partners.
- You are action oriented. You are not afraid to make decisions while keeping others informed, even when facing uncertainty. You actively seek discomfort by seeing beyond what’s always been done and embracing high risk for high reward. You empower others to make decisions aligned with our mission.
- You are a team player. You are constantly seeking diverse identities and experiences in building high performance teams. You believe success is characterized by collaboration, support, and holding each other accountable. You listen with curiosity, speak with candor, and act with integrity and kindness.
- Preference given to candidates with experience working with/at leading data and analytics enterprise such as Thomson Reuters, TransUnion, LexisNexis, Equifax, Experian or similar
- Preference given to candidates with experience in one or more of our core markets and use cases such as Background Screening, Tenant Screening, Investigations, Fraud Prevention, Identity Validation, Health Care Sanctions or similar
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.