Senior Software Engineer (J00129276)
As a Software Engineer at Kount, you’ll join a team of developers migrating our existing fraud detection and prevention systems to the Amazon cloud. Since the techniques and technologies fraudsters use are continuously evolving, you’ll encounter and solve interesting problems as you build creative solutions to protect our clients. Working closely with Kount’s team of Solution Architects, you’ll design, build, and unit test robust, high-throughput, cloud-native components in a microservice architecture. Specifically, you’ll leverage Agile and continuous delivery methodologies to build containerized services written in Golang and deployed via GitLab CI to Kubernetes (EKS). You’ll research and evaluate new technologies to determine if and how we leverage them, so it’s important that you’re comfortable learning new concepts quickly.
What You’ll Do
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Produce maintainable, scalable, and high-quality software solutions
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and ownership for your team’s services
- Collaborate with the product team, architects, and others to document features and changes
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Elevate the performance of colleagues through training, mentoring, and promoting best practices
- Experiment with technologies and propose solutions to colleagues including architects and the IT leadership team
- Incorporate monitoring, logging, and tracing with DataDog and Snowflake
What experience you need
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7 + years of experience in software engineering and software architecture background in languages such as Go (preferred), Rust, C/C++/C#, or Java
- 7+ of experience building RESTful APIs and/or gRPC within a distributed microservice architecture
- 3 years of experience implementing Amazon Web Services like Kinesis, IAM, ElastiCache for Redis, Lambda, EKS, Neptune, DynamoDB, or Elasticsearch
What could set you apart
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.