Senior Software Engineer (J00124044)
KOUNT an EQUIFAX Company is seeking creative, high-energy, diverse and driven software engineers with hands-on development skills to work on a variety of meaningful projects. Our software engineering positions provide you the opportunity to join a team of talented engineers working with leading-edge technology. You are ideal for this position if you are a forward-thinking, committed, and enthusiastic software engineer who is passionate about technology.
Who is Kount?
Kount, an Equifax Company, delivers digital fraud prevention and account protection for more than 9,000 leading brands and payment providers. Linked by Kount’s award-winning AI, the Identity Trust Global Network analyzes signals from 32 billion annual interactions to personalize experiences across the spectrum of trust — from ensuring frictionless experiences to blocking fraud. Quick and accurate identity trust decisions deliver safe payment, account creation, and login events while reducing digital fraud, chargebacks, false positives, and manual reviews.
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The perks of being an Equifax employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do
- Produce maintainable, scalable, and high-quality software solutions
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and ownership for your team’s services
- Collaborate with the product team, architects, and others to document features and changes
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Elevate the performance of colleagues through training, mentoring, and promoting best practices
- Experiment with technologies and propose solutions to colleagues including architects and the IT leadership team
- Incorporate monitoring, logging, and tracing with DataDog and Snowflake
- You have a real passion for innovation! Any experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc. will help us on our exciting journey
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Depending on level, you may work with product owners, UX and other business partners to define work for the team
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or 3- 5 equivalent experience
- Strong software engineering and software architecture background in languages such as Go (preferred), Rust, C/C++/C#, or Java
- Experience building RESTful APIs (and/or gRPC, GraphQL) within a distributed microservice architecture
- Experience implementing Amazon Web Services like Kinesis, IAM, ElastiCache for Redis, Lambda, EKS, Neptune, DynamoDB, or Elasticsearch
- You can write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- You have detailed knowledge of modern software development lifecycles including CI / CD
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Experience in Financial Industry or Ecommerce
- Experience with relational, graph, and NoSQL databases
- Experience with OWASP and PCI Data Security
- Success attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!