Software Engineering Manager (J00135816)
Equifax is seeking creative, high-energy, diverse and driven software engineering managers with hands-on development experience to work on a variety of meaningful projects. Our software engineering management positions provide you the opportunity to lead a team of talented software developers, QA engineers and SREs working with leading-edge technology. You are ideal for this position if you are a forward-thinking, committed, and enthusiastic software engineering manager who is passionate about technology.
This position is within the Kount® division of Equifax, located in Boise, Idaho. Kount is a leading innovator of solutions for fraud and risk management. Kount delivers an all-in-one fraud and risk management solution for companies that have card-not-present environments looking to simplify their fraud/risk operations while dramatically improving bottom line results. Kount provides a single, turnkey fraud solution that is easy-to-implement and easy-to-use. Kount’s proprietary technology has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and provides maximum protection for some of the world’s best-known brands.
What You’ll Do
- Be a technical leader of a team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve high-quality software.
- Coach and mentor engineers to grow their technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills, and ensure they have the right challenges and necessary context to make use of them.
- Collaborate with Product team, including Product Managers and Product Owners, Sales, Customer Success and additional stakeholders to deliver value to the business.
- Provide ongoing technical mentoring and guidance to the team in the use of the latest software development practices, processes and development tools.
- Contribute technical insight and feedback on proposed software solutions and product direction.
- Cultivate a culture of feedback to ensure that teams and individuals are collaborative, purposeful and high performing.
- Communicate with senior leadership frequently.
- Own one or more relationships with key technology partners including offshore partners; ensure those partnerships are effective.
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent.
What experience you need
- BS or MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent job experience required.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience as a software engineer, PHP , C++ Or Java
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of 5-8 software engineers. This includes managing 1:1, career growth, technical growth, administrative tasks, performing daily Scrum/Kanban standup.
What could set you apart
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to follow software development best practices such as TDD, CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI), code and design reviews, and monitoring and logging
- Source code control management systems (e.g., Git)
- Atlassian tooling (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket)
- Experience working in financial services
- Automated testing (e.g., JUnit, Selenium, LoadRunner)
- Big Data, Postgres, Oracle, NoSQL databases (e.g., Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, Neo4J)
- Relational databases
- Proficiency in overall system design, system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.