Software Engineer (J00130217)
Equifax is looking for a Software Engineer experienced in all aspects of modern application development activities (full SDLC), technical documentation, and preferably with cloud experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as a software developer on the Managed File Transfer (MFT) team, key contributors to Equifax’s cloud-native next-generation data processing platform- Data Fabric
- Work with a legacy on-prem based software stack to modernize, transform and ultimately migrate it to Google Cloud Platform
- Perform all Java application development related activities, including R&D, prototyping, coding, unit testing, CI/CD provisioning and technical documentation
- Provide engineering support in conceptualization, development, implementation, and automation of technical capabilities and products that meets business needs, and upholds Equifax’s engineering quality standards
- Work as a member of a team, or independently when necessary to support software through the entire software development life cycle
- Diagnose and resolve performance issues to ensure timely delivery of working software and end-to-end solutions
- Participates in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and other agile software development activities
- Recognize that all delivered software must be secure and ensure proper controls are incorporated in each step of the SDLC.
What experience you need
- Minimum of 5 years of Java (1.8 and above) software development experience including Spring framework 5.xx, and Spring Boot
- 2+ years of cloud experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure. GCP is preferred
- 2+ years of experience with Maven or Gradle build management, Git
- 2+ years of Web service development, resource-oriented architecture, RESTful web services experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Relational and/or NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, BigQuery, etc)
- 2+ years of microservice application development and deploying using containerization technologies like Docker
What could set you apart
- Linux/Unix experience, bash shell scripting experience, cross-platform development
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Experience with cloud container orchestration solutions like Kubernetes and associated frameworks like Helm charts
- Prior experience with MFT, ETL, or ERP systems like Oracle Fusion/SAP/Sterling OMS/SFG
- Experience or familiarity with Managed File Transfer systems (e.g IBM Sterling), EDI
- 2+ years of UI development experience- HTML, CSS, Angular 2.x.x
- Certifications from any of the cloud providers like AWS, GCP, or Azure
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.