Product Architect – Data Ingestion Group (J00130409)
Equifax is transforming our business – and product innovation is at the center of our strategy . Equifax is seeking a Product Architect to support our Data Ingestion capabilities. The Product Architect should have strong technical expertise, and be a master at bridging the desires of the customer and the capabilities of the technology, removing barriers to software development. You will be responsible for grooming the product backlog and have insight into technical requirements of individual stories thus creating a more efficient user experience.
As a Product Architect at Equifax, you will provide the technical thought leadership to the product team, bridging the gap between idea and delivery, advancing technologies/concepts and seeking cross business unit collaboration on solutions. You will develop a formal product catalog, contributing to a global catalog that will allow for teams to reuse services across the business units to expedite speed to delivery.
You will partner with your peers across Equifax to help define product strategy, working closely with business stakeholders and engineering leaders. You will clearly set the product prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms. You will partner with corporate development to assess M&A opportunities to ensure they are a strategic fit across Equifax’s product offerings and develop plans on how they integrate within the technology stack.
You will also regularly assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, manage escalations and make trade-offs balancing business needs against constraints. Your passion, drive and intellect will encourage thoughtful behavior that maximizes value for customers and benefits the greater enterprise. In this position, you will play a lead role in transforming the product strategy within our different business units.
Whether you started from the product side and developed technical skills or started as a technical resource, you have a knack for the product side of the business. You possess the necessary technical product knowledge to drive strategic conversations about the product and enhance value to Equifax and its customers.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do
As part of a team, you will:
- Lead the design effort with a specific product in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate expertise in product vision and business needs to design innovative solutions to real market problems.
- Partner as the technical product expert with product managers, user interaction designers, and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
- Work closely with key customers, partners and the engineering team to design, prototype and build solutions and products to help customers achieve business outcomes.
- Lead whiteboarding sessions for complex software architectures with senior engineers as well as briefing customers and internal executives.
- Work with customers to help them solve today’s challenges and build next generation products.
- Lead partner meetings to find opportunities and product priorities
- Create and maintain the product backlog for specific innovation initiatives
- Conduct planning sessions with the teams to prioritize work in upcoming sprints
- Engage directly with Product Owners to ensure they are executing on projects
- Develop communication materials and lead communication efforts around the product, priorities and future roadmaps.
- Attend and lead design sessions with customers and partners
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years work experience OR a Master’s Degree and 2+ years of work experience
- 1+ years of experience with Big Data and processing massive amounts of data at scale
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile development methodologies including extensive user story definition and writing
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Experience working effectively in a matrix organization, and overall be able to successfully partner with project management in different organizations and the different groups that will serve as product builders.
- Deep understanding of web service technologies, user interface/interaction, batch systems, and knowledge of systems development and project management life cycles
- You’ve developed a Product Roadmap and have influenced key business partners for consensus on business priorities
You’re an innovation driven thought leader, influencing partners to adopt new vision for new or existing software systems
- You have excellent leadership and motivational skills – possessing a willingness to empower as well as inspire commitment and positive attitude in the team
- Experience within a regulated business or financial services
An understanding of Cloud technologies, preferably GCP
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!