VP – Software Engineering (J00128949)
Equifax is seeking a creative, high-energy, diverse and driven software engineering vice president with hands-on technical skills to work on a variety of meaningful projects.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team that will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve great software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and work you’re doing
- Partner with other technology teams to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Partner with security partners to ensure applications are developed with the strongest security patterns.
- Understand BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, automated testing frameworks(Cucumber, Selenium, Fitnesse etc.) and open source agile testing frameworks.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Work with product owners, UX and other business partners to define work for the team
- Provide direct oversight, leadership, guidance and direction to assigned technical/operations support staff aimed at providing a great client experience in accordance with established service level agreements
- Create, manage budget and create and present business cases to request capital/funding
- Mentor other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-paced team
- BS or MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent job experience required
- 12+ years of hands on experience with developing, testing and releasing complex software into production
- 5+ years of experience leading software development teams
- 3+ yrs of experience working in highly regulated environments
- Experience with developing or leading teams that developed high performing systems on modern architecture (Microservices, API First, Cloud Native Designs)
- Successful digital transformation experience utilizing modern application development principles on public cloud environments – GCP or AWS
- Experience managing Operations & Product Support teams
- Strong experience in understanding security protocols and frameworks
- Experience in developing applications with strong security requirements
- Experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- Any experience with Cloud Platforms like GCP, AWS and deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, Terraform, etc.
- ECommerce Platforms experience
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.