Site Reliability Engineer (J00126844)
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to Equifax engineering principles.
What You’ll Do
- You will engage in and improve the software development lifecycle – from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
- You will influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale systems
- You will support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, capacity planning and launch reviews
- You will maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
- You will automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
What experience you need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent job experience required
- 2+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud
- 2 + years of System administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux/Windows using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack and/or containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- 2+ years of proficiency with continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling and practices
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
What could set you apart
- You have expertise designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You take a system problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- You are passionate for automation with a desire to eliminate toil whenever possible
- You’ve built software or maintained systems in a highly secure, regulated or compliant industry
- You thrive in and have experience and passion for working within a DevOps culture and as part of a team
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.