Senior Software Engineer – Career (J00127334)
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax
What You’ll Do
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and work you’re doing
- You have the ability to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- You will need extensive understanding of best coding practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
- You are part of a community and participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- You have a real passion for innovation! Any experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc. will help us on our exciting journey
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
- 7+ years’ experience in developing APIs and Microservices using Spring framework especially spring boot and spring cloud.
- 5+ years experience with Java 8 and above.
- 5+ Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, Neo4J, Google Firestore)
- Cloud computing, AWS or Google Cloud experience
- You have some front end experience with angular JS or VueJS
- You have knowledge of modern software development life cycles including CI / CD
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Source code control management systems (e.g. SVN/Git) and build tools like Maven
- Software development best practices such as TDD (e.g. JUnit), automated testing (e.g. Gauge, Cucumber, FitNesse), continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD)
- Atlassian tooling (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
- Developing with modern JDK (v1.7+)
- Experience working with open source frameworks; preferably Spring
- Strong knowledge of appropriate programming and scripting languages – Be proficient in Java, J2EE, Spring Framework