Senior Director – Fraud Decisioning (Improve Squad) (J00127222)
Within Global Product, the Internal Fraud Platform tribe is looking to add an experienced leader to Equifax’s evolving area of Authentication and Fraud Prevention. Equifax has developed a dynamic risk decisioning platform using technical teams, data scientists, experienced fraud thought leadership, and dedicated monitoring personnel. This risk and authentication platform validates and protects Equifax data accessed directly by consumers through multiple channels.
We are hiring a leader to manage and guide the Improve Squad teammates that own the decisioning logic governing the risk and trust outcomes leading to an authentication decision. This leader will leverage a strong analytical and risk management background to guide a growing team to make data driven decisions within the context of fraud behavior to improve KPIs. The leader will work closely with product, technology, and operations teams to identify ways to enhance fraud infrastructure, tools, and processes to enable a secure and seamless experience for our customers while managing fraud risk and addressing existing and emerging fraud trends.
What you’ll do
- Use a data-driven approach to understand fraud risk and design effective application, transaction, and payment authentication/fraud prevention approaches
- Directly liaise with Data & Analytics on risk, trust, and authentication modeling requirements
- Execute a continuous improvement framework for authentication and risk management performance, driving tactical micro-improvements to modeling output
- Execute changes to the fraud strategy (requires directing a team working with Python, R or similar languages)
- Establish the appropriate analytical environment and reporting to ensure comprehensive fraud coverage
- Review, evaluate, and drive selection of new data and risk vendors or technologies to enhance the fraud strategy and mitigate emerging risks
What experience you need
- Minimum of 8 years as an experienced Fraud professional with emphasis across Fraud and/or Authentication with emphasis across implementing new decisioning logic and continued improvements.
- Minimal of 5 years experience managing a team of direct and non-direct reports with proven capacity to evaluate and hire talent
- College degree required, advanced degree in analytical field a plus
What could set you apart
- Motivated by challenges and the opportunity to build an industry leading approach to authentication and support continuous approval cycles
- Advanced data analytics in a big data environment within a risk & fraud function is ideal
- Strong analytical background working with large data sets including strong SQL abilities
- Big data, graph database, and related experience a plus
- Agile environment experience a plus
- History of working directly with data science team on model development supported by a working knowledge of machine learning and/or other advanced data mining techniques leveraging such languages as Python/R/Java, etc.
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques including matching algorithm, time-series analysis, user profiling, clustering and classification
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.