Senior. Cloud Engineer (J00128252)
Equifax is seeking creative, high-energy, diverse and driven software engineers with hands-on development skills to work on a variety of meaningful projects. Our software engineering positions provide you the opportunity to join a team of talented engineers working with leading-edge technology. You are ideal for this position if you are a forward-thinking, committed, and enthusiastic software engineer who is passionate about technology.
What You’ll Do
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will Lead individual project priorities, deadlines and work you’re doing
- You have the ability to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- You will need extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
- You are part of a community and participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- You will lead and build microservices using Java/Spring Boot and integrate with Cloud services, Native services, APIs and tools.
- You will build Frameworks and modules that are utilized across several micro services consistently – Framework such as Versioning, Logging & Auditing, async connection pools, db connection pools, cross service communication etc.
- You have a real passion for innovation! Experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS, ECR), Terraform, etc. will help us on our exciting journey
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- You will work with product owners, UX and other business partners to define work for the deliverable
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers, having a voice in defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team (depending on level)
- BS or MS degree or equivalent job experience required
- 5+ years of microservice development experience using java/spring/spring boot, react frameworks.
- 4+ years of experience developing unit test cases, component testing.
- 3+ years of cloud experience – AWS/GCP/Azure etc.
- 3+ years experience in cloud databases – datastore, relational databases, documentDB, big query etc.
- 2+ years experience in data integration pipeline development.
- You are interested and able to learn other coding languages as needed
- You can write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- You have experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- You adore working in a fast paced and agile development environment
- You possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- You have detailed knowledge of modern software development life cycles including CI / CD
- You have the ability to operate across a broad and complex business unit with multiple stakeholders
- You have an understanding of the key aspects of finance especially as related to Technology. Specifically including total cost of ownership and value
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, and have a real passion for actively learning and researching new methods of work and new technology
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Source code control management systems (e.g. SVN/Git, Subversion) and build tools like Maven
- Big Data, Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL databases
- Design patterns, frameworks
- Agile environments (e.g. Scrum, XP)
- Software development best practices such as TDD (e.g. JUnit), automated testing (e.g. Gauge, Cucumber, FitNesse), continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, GoCD)
- Linux command line and shell scripting languages
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL)
- Cloud computing, SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Atlassian tooling (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
- Experience working in financial services
- Developing with modern JDK (v1.7+) or ScalaJa
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka and/or Hadoop or NoSQL such as Cassandra
- Experience working with open source frameworks; preferably Spring, though we would also consider Ruby, Apache Struts, Symfony, Django, etc.
- Automated Testing: JUnit, Selenium, LoadRunner, SoapUI
Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company and believes knowledge drives progress. We are there at life-defining moments when people are applying for college, interviewing for a new job, buying a home, purchasing a car, or even starting a small business. The products and insights we provide help people all across the world make better decisions, and we are proud of the role we play in peoples’ lives. We power the decisions that move people forward by helping people live their financial best. Won’t you join us?
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace with innovation. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally. And, if community involvement and social responsibility are important to you, join us and help create shared value in our global communities! Corporate Citizenship is an integral part of our company. We know through experience that community involvement will increase the quality of your career with us and simply makes the world a better place. If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today. We’re looking for you!
Success Attributes of the Technology organization. Does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
- Ownership (build it, own it, run it)
- Competitive pay for performance
- 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative working spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential
- Room for you to do things your way
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax
- And yes, we also have perks such as team activities, volunteer opportunities, awesome parties, great coffee, and in some locations, ping pong tables and food trucks
- Not yet Cloud certified? We’ve got you covered with paid sponsorship, resources and training
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.