Product Business Analyst – Fraud
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, implement and maintain efficiency and effectiveness standards and processes that are aligned with industry best practices.
- Establish a means of reporting relevant findings to leadership in a clear and concise manner, across both datasets with analytics as well as technical system changes and impacts.
- Proactively explore and implement process improvements and efficiencies, working with other team-members to test new strategies.
- Remain current on industry and regulatory matters impacting and related to the protection and monitoring of identity data and access.
- Support internal and external business relationships needed to effectively handle review the investigation of potential fraudulent activity and influence appropriate process and or system changes to minimize risk.
- When the business unit is onboarding and supporting production tenants, you will create Splunk and/or Google Looker dashboards, and run query language in those tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or analytics preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 3 years professional experience in a business, reporting, and/or systems analyst capacity with an analytically oriented logic approach.
- 1+ years experience running queries (proficiency). Will use Splunk using Splunk query language (sql) when researching threat / transactional information.
- Enjoys and is able to extrapolate metrics and basic understanding of statistics.
- Experience and/or ability to create and augment documentation (preferably using Google Workspace suite, Lucidchart, Confluence, etc.) required. Will create and/or continue to contribute to the team’s documentation library.
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Prefer experience with decisioning or BPMO type of systems.
- Any experience in fraud detection, related fraud prevention or identity security.
- Query tool experience in SQL, Splunk SPL, and/or Google Looker dashboards preferred
- Basic understanding of technical concepts relating to systems’ business and fraud events.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate with team members at various levels, including business leaders.
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.