Product Architect – Commercial (J00125970)
Equifax is transforming our business – and product innovation is at the center of our strategy. Equifax is seeking a Product Architect with strong technical expertise, who is a master at bridging the desires of the customer and the capabilities of the technology, removing barriers to software development. You will be responsible for grooming the product backlog and have insight into technical requirements of individual stories thus creating a more efficient user experience. This person will lead the Commercial workspace which includes both BAU (business as usual) and Transformation to Cloud workstreams across multiple products and data sources.
Whether you started from the product side and developed technical skills or started as a technical resource, you have a knack for the product side of the business. You possess the necessary technical product knowledge to drive strategic conversations about the product and enhance value to Equifax and its customers.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do
As part of a team, you will:
- Work closely with the business stakeholders to build and maintain the product functionality backlog
- Work with Product Management to define larger and more complex solution components for IT departments, and break them down into logical, discrete units for development
- Authenticate technical integration across multiple enterprise software systems
- Communicate the vision and goals at the beginning of every release and sprint
- Elaborate user stories for implementation, working with Product Owners across IT to ensure alignment toward the Equifax vision
- Ensure that the Product Backlog is constantly prioritized to secure delivery of maximum business value
- Engage with key customer contacts and with Product Managers as required to ensure that all relevant inputs to the
- Product Backlog have been collected and prioritized
- Participate in team planning meetings and exercising availability to provide advice, clarification and guidance during the execution of each Sprint
- Inspect, accept or reject completed work from the development Sprint
- Demonstrate completed product functionality to the internal stakeholders at the completion of each Sprint
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 7+ years of IT experience, including 5+ years as a Technical Product Manager, Product Owner or Business Analyst with state-of-the art software systems
- 4+ years experience working with Agile development methodologies including extensive user story definition and writing
- 4+ years of experience working with large development teams with multiple scrum teams and development interdependencies
Extra Points for any of the Following
- You’re an experienced Scrum Product Owner or Technical Product Manager, working with Agile Delivery Teams, utilizing Agile / Scrum / Kanban
- You have a deep understanding of web service technologies, user interface/interaction, batch systems, and knowledge of systems development and project management life cycles
- You’ve developed a Product Roadmap and have influenced key business partners for consensus on business priorities
- You’re an innovation driven thought leader, influencing partners to adopt new vision for new or existing software systems
- You have excellent leadership and motivational skills – possessing a willingness to empower as well as inspire commitment and positive attitude in the team
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders
- A real passion for and the ability to learn new technologies
- Experience within a regulated business or financial services
- An understanding of Cloud technologies, preferably GCP
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!