Privacy Engineer (J00126759)
The Privacy Engineer will report to the Vice President, Privacy Engineering, and will work to develop and implement solutions in the form of privacy controls and requirements, methodologies, tools, and techniques used in the Privacy by Design (PbD) principles. The Privacy Engineer will provide data privacy governance to ensure perpetual improvement of regulatory and legal compliance activities associated with Equifax’s product life cycle.
What you’ll do
- Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data use meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Collaborate with data product development teams creating new uses of data that employ privacy features.
- Interacting with internal privacy program managers, product development teams, legal, compliance, governance and data protection teams.
- Analyze, design and program software enhancements for new data streams with a goal of developing technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the data privacy, data protection, data usability, performance and the integrity of the privacy solution.
- Interface with other developers and architects in implementing big data solutions that enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets.
- Interface with usability team to ensure user-facing privacy controls are usable
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymisation and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
- Identify areas of improvement in local practices relative to managing data privacy.
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to key stakeholders
- Acts as key interface to data science and analytics communities both within and outside of the organization
What experience you need
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Privacy Engineering or related field of study.
- Three (3) years’ experience in privacy / data protection or a graduate degree or concentration in privacy engineering
- 1+ year experience with privacy engineering or compliance
What could set you apart
- CIPT certification a plus
- Google Cloud Certification, or other Cloud Certification, a plus
- Familiarity with regulatory framework affecting technology industry, such as international laws governing privacy, antitrust issues, etc.
- Strong software development skills.
- Experience with cloud technologies, services, and building cost effective data models from data sources.
- Experience or understanding of software applications design tools and languages
- Understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures.
- Competent in the interpretation of numeric data, an understanding of statistical principles.
- Data literacy: finding and managing data, cleansing data, manipulating data.
- Ability to perform operations on large datasets
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.