Cloud Software Engineer
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do
- Develop strategic design and requirements on EFX’s in-house and proprietary applications or modules of large systems(large);
- Create specifications and designs for new products; research and obtain feedback regarding product usability and desired future enhancements;
- Diagnose and resolve performance issues; document code and processes for use across multiple teams;
- Daily scrum calls, sprint review, sprint planning and applies Scrum/Agile methodologies in SDLC;
- Creates technical documentation to document software architectural design;
- Performs software testing by creating integration and unit test;
- Provisions cloud infrastructure services to integrate with application services;
- Automates provisioning of services and infrastructures by creating CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven and Eclipse tools;
- Creates Java REST API using Spring framework ;
- Ingests data between Relational database (Oracle) and cloud environment;
- Deploys containerized Microservices applications in cloud environment;
- Extracts analytical views using SQL and other tools for customers.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in required
- Skills include object-oriented analysis, design, and programming experience
- 5 +experience with Java / J2EE design and development experience, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Microservices, Response UI Frameworks like Angular 8
- Has some knowledge of modern software development life cycles including CI / CD, Source code control management systems (e.g. SVN/Git, Subversion) and build tools like Maven, Design patterns, Agile environments (e.g. Scrum, XP)
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Experience in Cloud services is preferred. Working knowledge in Google Cloud Platform is desirable
- Experience with developing for Linux environments
- Experience working in an agile environment
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.