Application Developer (J00126696)
Equifax is transforming our business – and product innovation is at the center of our strategy. Equifax is seeking to hire a creative, high-energy and driven Application Developer to join our team in Skokie, IL. The Application Developer will develop software solutions for Equifax’s keying & linking squad for our commercial tribe in our USIS alliance. The developer is expected to complete any and all tasks of the software development lifecycle. The role is expected to interact daily with team members to coordinate and collaborate towards achieving their team’s goals. This position reports to the IT Development Manager.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do
- Discuss business requirements with Product Owners and stakeholders and create technical requirements to deliver customer value
- Design software architecture and process diagrams
- Implementing user stories by developing software
- Validating software quality by creating unit tests at all application layers as well as recording and reporting test outcomes
- Demonstrating business value delivery to stakeholders and capturing feedback
- Delivering software to end-users by designing and developing automated release pipelines
- Research and apply emerging software development technologies
- Provide staff and users with technical support as required
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Field or equivalent job experience required
- 3+ years of experience with Java coding
- 1+ year of experience using cloud technologies
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Great appetite for learning
- 1 or more years experience with Google Cloud Platform is preferred
- Any experience with Go (also known as Golang) programming language is greatly desired
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, engineering or related technical field
- Excellent ability to acquire system knowledge by reviewing source code and applying this knowledge to create system enhancements
- Proficient with utilizing automated unit tests to validate code meets expected outcomes
- Proficient with utilizing a software version control system with preference to Git
- Experience in a structured software development life cycle with preference to Agile methodologies
- Experience utilizing a project planning tool with preference to Jira
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!