Security Engineer (J00135908)
Equifax is looking for a Security Engineer to join the Cybersecurity Engineering team to create, integrate, and manage security tools that directly contribute to accomplishing the critical mission and objectives of the business by providing security engineering solutions for existing security programs. In this role you will utilize existing security policies, practices and tooling of the global security team to either develop or integrate solutions. You will be working with key stakeholders such as product owners, business owners and enterprise security leadership. You will provide security expertise as a member of the team that develops and deploys applications on public and private clouds such as GCP and AWS. As an engineer on this team, you will participate in in-depth reviews of the architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of security applications. You will be involved in cross-functional efforts for the purpose of maintaining and elevating the security of those applications. The Security Engineer is a technical and innovative individual responsible for creating software that enables, enhances, and propels the important work of providing security services to protect business-data assets and increase the resiliency of the services we provide to our internal customers.
What you’ll do:
- Work with key stakeholders develop, implement, and integrate security tools into existing security programs
- Ensure applications are built to the standards required by the business and our own secure SDLC processes
- Work with key stakeholders like Dev Ops, Platform Ops, and Infrastructure to properly document and hand-off the build environment for others to successfully run on a regular basis
- Responsible for participating in higher-level support events, as needed
- Design, develop, and implement software solutions guided by organizational standards and processes, but not constrained by them, to promote automation and efficiencies in support of the security program’s goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with developers, analysts, engineers, and managers to identify and implement software solutions that meet security policies and practices.
- Actively collaborate with other security team members, product teams, and other stakeholders to help create and maintain software-based security controls in line with industry best practices and specific business requirements.
What Experience you’ll need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent
- 5-7 years’ experience in software development/engineering with knowledge of traditional dev-ops-style infrastructure as code, immutable environments, object-oriented programming, and command line scripting.
- 3 years of experiences working with COTS security products
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with key security technologies like OAuth, SAML, TLS, etc. and various cryptographic algorithms (RSA, DES, AES, SHA-1, etc.)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Dev(Sec)Ops team with process automation tools like Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, git, and Chef, in scalable production environments preferred
What could set you apart
- Experience working with NIST, FedRAMP, regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with web frameworks, REST/SOAP APIs, and AWS SDKs.
- Exposure or working experience in the use of information security systems and methodologies preferred.
- Working knowledge of Secure Software Development Lifecycle practices in an Agile development environment
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.