Product Owner – Commercial (J00136109)
Equifax is transforming our business – and product innovation is at the center of our strategy . We are looking for an experienced Product Owner who is collaborative and passionate about building and/or enhancing great products and experiences in a highly regulated and matrixed environment .
Whether you started from the product side and developed technical skills or started as a technical resource, you have a knack for the product side of the business. You possess the necessary technical product knowledge to drive strategic conversations about the product and enhance value to Equifax and its customers.
Equifax is seeking a technical product owner who is a master at bridging the desires of the customer and the capabilities of the technology, removing barriers to software development. You will be responsible for grooming the product backlog and have insight into technical requirements of individual stories thus creating a more efficient user experience.
What You’ll Do
- You will serve as a Product Owner supporting Equifax’s commercial products. This person must be the conduit between business needs, technical capabilities, and engineering requirements, developing these into roadmaps and requirements for the Agile backlog of a development team. In addition:
- You will lead the backlog refinement of features and user stories and ensure delivery teams are prepared to meet sprint deadlines
- You will work with others on a day-to-day basis to help make decisions on what is in scope and provide input into functional decisions
- You will have daily interaction with the teams building the products
- You make tough decisions on trade-offs between features, quality and dates in order to provide the best solution for our clients
- You ensure leadership is aware of key issues and changes, and provide them with the right information and recommendations to resolve issues
- You have in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the initiatives and features
- You will drive value as a function of cost, time, functionality and quality
- You will work with Architect(s) and Tech Lead(s) to identify non-functional requirements like infrastructure needs
- You will work with Quality Assurance team member(s) to identify test cases for automated testing
- You will coordinate with business customers to conduct product integration testing Key Responsibilities Preparation and Participation in PI Planning Program Backlog
What experience you need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience with SDLC / agile development methodologies including extensive user story definition work
- 5+ years of experience working with large development teams with multiple scrum teams and development interdependencies
- 2+ years experience building roadmaps and working in requirements management systems such as Aha and Jira
- 2+ years of experience in the design or testing of APIs
What could set you apart
- Experience in writing more technical user stories
- Experience with GCP / Firestore cloud technologies
- Experience working in fintech or any financial institution
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.