Data Engineer – Data Marketplaces (J00135995)
Equifax is hiring a Data Engineer that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems and ensuring the consistent delivery of data into multiple data marketplaces. This engineer ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to Equifax engineering principles.
What you’ll do
- You will engage in and improve the software development lifecycle – from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
- You will influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale data distribution into data marketplaces
- You will create new data pipelines for delivering new and existing data sets into data marketplaces
- You will support services prior to production via software platform development, capacity planning and launch reviews
- You will maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
- You will automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
What experience you need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent job experience required
- 5+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud and/or integrating with data marketplaces
- 5+ years experience in monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
- 2 years experience with structured and unstructured data and accessing data using languages such as SQL or GraphQL
What could set you apart
- Demonstrable cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security and databases
- You have supported a suite of data sets within Snowflake or another data marketplace
- You have expertise designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You’ve built software or maintained systems in a highly secure, regulated or compliant industry
(IAM, S3, Lambda, Redshift, Glue)
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.