Cloud Application Engineer (Java Developer) (J00130979)
Website EquifaxCareers Equifax
Smarter insights for smarter decisions.
Equifax is looking for a full-stack Cloud Application Engineer (Java Developer) who will be responsible for development, batch processing, code deployment and unit testing.
Who is Equifax?
At Equifax, we believe knowledge drives progress. As a global data, analytics and technology company, we play an essential role in the global economy by helping employers, employees, financial institutions and government agencies make critical decisions with greater confidence.
We work to help create seamless and positive experiences during life’s pivotal moments: applying for jobs or a mortgage, financing an education or buying a car. Our impact is real and to accomplish our goals we focus on nurturing our people for career advancement and their learning and development, supporting our next generation of leaders, maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, and regularly engaging and recognizing our employees. Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our employees makes a difference and we are looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
- The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer excellent compensation packages with market competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop strategic design and requirements as a major contributor to a projects’ success for large revenue generating systems/products.
- Identify improvements in systems and work and participate in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
- Consistently demonstrates clear technical judgment, innovation, and consideration for the projects’ objectives.
- Able to provide technical guidance, supervise others, provide instructions, and debug code written by team members.
- Self-starter, motivated, and actively learning and researching new methods of work and new technology.
- Contributions of this level span across the team and the development platform.
- Consistently hit development time estimates without underestimating or overestimating ability.
- Guide and mentor junior developers in developing code and workflow procedures, and conduct code reviews.
- Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
What experience you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience working on java applications, including core java, spring boot, REST, Microservices, spring framework, maven, json/avro, SQL/NoSQL databases, Junit and leveraged cloud platform for workflow
- 5+ yrs of experience with agile development methodologies and hands-on experience in quality engineering practices, test automation, build and deployment pipelines using GIT, CI/CD using Jenkins and SDLC and production support
- 3+ years of experience in developing java batch processing jobs, using Spring batch, Apache Camel, Maven, Docker
What could set you apart:
- Engineering mindset
- Experience working in a regulated industry preferably from ‘Fintech’
- Experience with Cloud Platforms
- Ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
We offer comprehensive compensation and healthcare packages, 401k matching, paid time off, and organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.