Digital Marketing Manager
Website Women in Technology
Reports To: Chief Marketing and Program Officer
The Digital Marketing Manager position reports directly to the Chief Marketing and Program Officer and is support for the management of WIT’s Programs and WIT Social Media. This position’s duties will include planning, implementing, and monitoring all social media marketing campaigns across all digital networks. This position will work on other projects as assigned by the Chief Marketing and Program Officer as well as the other WIT leadership in coordination with other office staff and volunteers. It is important that this position exudes our culture and core values while providing an exceptional experience for both internal and external customers.
• Responsible, in coordination with the Chief Marketing and Program Officer, for executing tasks based on program strategy/plan in alignment with overall WIT strategy.
• Oversee and manage the following platforms/technologies; website, social media (including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter), texting, email marketing.
• Assist the Chief Marketing and Program Officer with such items as administrative tasks, small projects, and other tasks as they arise.
• Oversee all aspects of our digital marketing department including email, text, social media, website.
• Create and implement channel specific social media strategies that align with overall WIT business goals.
• Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology.
• Perform ongoing research on current media trends and audience preferences.
• Create a weekly/monthly content calendar based on ideal posting times and content prioritization.
• Work with Chief Marketing and Program Officer to manage and build out an overall email marketing strategy with KPI’s attached.
• Design various CTA’s and email templates for the various programs and organizational initiatives.
• Collaborate with WIT Staff to ensure brand consistency across all channels of the organization.
• Prepare monthly reports on overall social media performance along with Start, Stop, Continue feedback.
• Establish actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers throughout social media and our email database.
• Work with Chief Marketing and Program Officer to brainstorm new and innovative ideas.
• Monitor, track and report on feedback/comments on all social media platforms within 24 hours.
• Create a monthly WIT Newsletter that includes all upcoming events and/or helps to achieve
upcoming business goals.
• Support program logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production, and distribution.
• Meet with the Chief Marketing and Program Officer on a weekly basis to provide a status report of programs.
• Provide status reporting and progress updates to Chief Marketing and Program Officer including; pace reports, risk, issues, key decisions, milestones using WIT standard templates and tools.
• Assess organization needs for each WIT Program; including WIT Girls (Tech Talks, Meetups, Open House, Mentorship, Job Shadow), WIT Campus (Sponsor Events, Campus Clubs, Opening/Closing Events, Internship Fairs), WIT YoPros (Forums, Events, Mentor).
• Work with Chief Marketing and Program Officer and Program Volunteer Directors to manage event designs — Content, Target Audience, Agenda, ‘Day of’ Run of Program, Speakers.
• Be Creative! Will talk through the programs and give suggestions on how to enhance them.
• Work in collaboration with the Chief Marketing and Program Officer for the development and fulfillment of WIT program project management and collaborating with Volunteers to identify all tasks/activities required to execute events.
• Act as the secondary point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
• Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports. • Interact with external clients.
• Assist with creation of reports, presentations, etc., including researching, compiling, analyzing and/or developing necessary information and materials.
• Scope, plan and execute multiple, often quick-turnaround projects with minimal outside assistance.
• Responsible for creating consolidated sponsor scorecards and distributing to CEO every 6 months.
• Responsible for implementing verbiage changes on the WIT website.
• Design new web pages when requested by WIT Leadership.
• Write and edits web page content.
• Work with our third-party agency when major changes are needed to the WIT Website.
• Updates WIT Website to include event flyers, event calendar, verbiage updates, etc.
• Ensures Event Registration and Web Page content is aligned.
• Ensures all sponsor logos are reflected accurately on the website and all sponsor brochures.
Education: Highschool Diploma
Experience: A minimum of 1 year experience in a digital marketing, social media, or project management position within the past year.
• Passionate about WIT’s mission and impact
• Knowledge of events and programming
• Knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, best practices, and website analytics
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Experience in strategic analysis and planning
• Knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs, procedures and principles and practices of organization and youth development services preferred
• Project management with proven track record of successful execution
• Persuasive with strong oral and written communications skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Must be extremely flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills. Focused & detail oriented. Strong organizational skills. Positive, enthusiastic attitude
• Must have advanced training and skill in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office Applications and in general office procedures
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with daily activities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities while at all times displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Skills essential for success include speaking, writing and proficient in the use of computers and various software packages.
At WIT, we always act with integrity in everything we do while upholding our core values: our people and our incredible community.
Women in Technology (WIT) empowers girls and women to excel in science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math (STEAM) from the classroom to the boardroom. We do this by providing female students in middle school, high school, and college with education, exposure and experience. By sharing the stories of successful professionals across the STEAM fields, we encourage all generations of girls and women to write their future. Our team of more than 250 volunteers delivers professional development and networking opportunities to our more than 14,500 professionals, and programs at no charge to more than 2,450 students. WIT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and we are committed to making Georgia the state with the highest percentage of women in the STEAM workforce by partnering with our community to provide opportunities that champion women throughout their education and career.