Digital Marketing Manager
Website Women in Technology
The Digital Marketing Manager position reports directly to the Chief Marketing and Program Officer. This position manages all WIT social media platforms, both content creation and scheduling, and leads all organizational graphic design needs. This position’s duties will include planning, implementing, and monitoring all social media marketing campaigns across all digital networks. This position will work on other marketing projects as assigned by the Chief Marketing and Program Officer as well as the other WIT leadership in coordination with other office staff and volunteers.
It is important that this position exudes our culture and core values while providing an exceptional experience for both internal and external customers.
KEY ROLES (ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Oversee and manage the following platforms/technologies; website, social media (including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube), and email marketing.
- Responsible, in coordination with the Chief Marketing and Program Officer, for content creation, which includes but is not limited to, graphic design, social media content, website design.
- Assist the Chief Marketing and Program Officer with such items as administrative tasks, small projects, and other tasks as they arise.
- Oversee all aspects of our digital marketing department including email, social media, website.
- Create and implement channel specific social media strategies that align with overall WIT business goals.
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology.
- Perform ongoing research on current media trends and audience preferences.
- Create a weekly/monthly content calendar based on ideal posting times and content prioritization.
- Work with Chief Marketing and Program Officer to manage and build out an overall email marketing strategy with KPI’s attached.
- Design various CTA’s and email templates for the various programs and organizational initiatives.
- Collaborate with WIT Staff to ensure brand consistency across all channels of the organization.
- Prepare monthly reports on overall social media performance along with Start, Stop, Continue feedback.
- Establish actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers throughout social media and our email database.
- Work with Chief Marketing and Program Officer to brainstorm new and innovative ideas.
- Monitor, track and report on feedback/comments on all social media platforms within 24 hours.
- Create a monthly WIT Newsletter that includes all upcoming events and/or helps to achieve upcoming business goals.
- Be Creative! Will talk through WIT initiatives and give suggestions on how to market them.
- Lead creation of all graphics, including social media, event flyers, printed materials, etc.
- Interact with external clients.
- Assist with creation of reports, presentations, etc., including researching, compiling, analyzing and/or developing necessary information and materials.
- Design new website pages when requested by WIT Leadership.
- Responsible for implementing verbiage changes on the WIT website.
- Write and edits web page content.
- Write a monthly blog post on trending news.
- Write press releases on various topics including WIT Awards, WIT Connect, and other important items.
- Work with Project Coordinator for updates needed to the WIT Website, i.e. event flyers, event calendar, verbiage updates, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Highschool Diploma
Experience: A minimum of 1 year experience in a digital marketing, social media, and/or graphic design within the past year.
- Adobe Suite
- Google Suite
- Various Video Editors
- Constant Contact
- Cision Newswire
- Passionate about WIT’s mission and impact
- Excellent graphic design and copy writing skills
- Knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, best practices, and website analytics
- Experience in strategic analysis and planning
- Project management with proven track record of successful execution
- Persuasive with strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be extremely flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills. Focused & detail oriented. Strong organizational skills. Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Must have advanced training and skill in Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office Applications and in general office procedures
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with daily activities. Ability to always get along with diverse personalities while displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Skills essential for success include speaking, writing and proficient in the use of computers and various software packages.
This is a hybrid working environment where you will be required to spend 1 day a week at the office.
Some extended hours for events and sponsor meetings.
Must have reliable transportation and automobile insurance in accordance with Georgia state law.
At WIT, we always act with integrity in everything we do while upholding our core values: our people and our incredible community.
We do this by providing our community with education, exposure and experience. By sharing the stories of successful professionals across the STEAM fields, we encourage all generations of girls and women to write their future.
Today, WIT has over 20,000 members in Georgia, 50,000 members worldwide and our team of more than 250 volunteers deliver professional development and networking opportunities to each of our professionals and programs at no charge to more than 5,000 students. WIT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and we are committed to making Georgia the state with the highest percentage of women in the STEAM workforce by partnering with our community to provide opportunities that champion women throughout their education and career.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.