SOFTWARE ENGINEER III- Cox Communications
Website Cox Communications
Cox Communications is searching for a hands-on software engineer to work as part of a cross-functional development team to design, build, and automate the modification of network device security configurations as well as develop an automated audit and reporting system to communication the status of these configurations with regards to various compliance standards, such as SOC 2 or NIST 800-53. This position will need a fundamental understanding of IP networks, as well as emerging information management technologies like Big Data and Machine Learning. This job function resides within the Network Engineering team which collaborates with various engineering and operational teams to sustain the best network experience for our customers. The Network Engineering teams are responsible for reliability, performance, scalability, quality and availability of the Cox Business Nokia Network.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work on the design, development, testing, and documentation of new network-focused software applications and automation, with a focus on security compliance auditing, reporting, & remediation.
- Lead and propose solution design activities, including data modeling, data repository, data transformation and analytics.
- Develop and deploy technologies such as RESTful APIs, compliance audits, reporting front ends, and data visualizations to support security compliance efforts
- Develop tools to assist regional engineering teams in rotating user credentials.
- Create actionable recommendations to address regional requirements.
- Evaluate new and emerging software technologies for implementation.
- Automate and consolidate some existing platforms and tools.
- Create platforms and other application prototypes quickly.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Familiarity with the integration of data into operational processes through the use of RESTful APIs and software applications.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to work as part of cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of basic network fundamentals, including TCP/IP routing, MPLS, BGP, capacity planning and routing/switching hardware.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, listening, written, and verbal communication and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research or analysis to both teammates and leadership.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Hadoop, Spark and HBase or other ‘NoSQL’ platforms for Big Data warehousing and analytics.
- Experience in software architecture, design, development and deployment of large and distributed systems.
- Data analytics, data mining, and/or machine learning experience.
- UNIX system administrator background.
- Prior experience working for a network service provider with 99.999% uptime expectations.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, US
Other Locations: Tucson, AZ; Phoenix, AZ; San Diego, CA; Pensacola, FL; Macon, GA; New Orleans, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Omaha, NE; Las Vegas, NV; Cleveland, OH; Dayton, OH; Tulsa, OK; Oklahoma City, OK; West Warwick, RI; Roanoke, VA; Hampton, VA; Alexandria, VA; Chantilly, VA; Norfolk, VA; Virginia Beach, VA; Springfield, VA; McLean, VA;
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job