Senior DevSecOps Cybersecurity Architect
When you mix together traits like experimentation-driven, result-oriented, and customer-focused, you get a mighty powerful combo. Add in the ability to influence others to achieve success at scale, and you’ve got yourself the makings of a Cox Communications Senior DevSecOps Cybersecurity Architect .
This is a chance to transform the way cybersecurity interacts with DevOps teams by both driving culture shifts and designing automated security solutions. You’ll be responsible for designing and facilitating implementation of DevSecOps solutions that will enforce security controls across public and private cloud platforms. So, want to join our Cybersecurity team and tackle some fast-paced projects that will keep you on your toes and our customers in awe of what we can do? Keep reading!
What You’ll Do
Here are some of the primary tasks you’ll tackle:
- Provide technical leadership and coaching not only to cybersecurity team members, but also to infrastructure, engineering, development, and business teams.
- Develop and maintain DevSecOps reference architectures for consumption by technical teams.
- Socialize DevSecOps reference architectures and provide guidance to ensure adherence to approved designs.
- Develop and maintain DevSecOps strategy and roadmap across people, process, and technology.
- Formally develop and uphold DevSecOps cybersecurity policies, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Partner with development, operations, and infrastructure organizations to co-design effective security automation and promote cybersecurity by design.
- Identify opportunities for improving cybersecurity operations, solutions, and services then work with the team to drive change.
- Design cybersecurity compliance metrics that align with DevSecOps requirements and assist with driving enforcement.
- Assist with vulnerability communication and cybersecurity escalations.
- Assist with solution implementations and change management.
- Work with vendors and maintain relationships.
- Remain current with new cybersecurity trends, threats, and disruptive solutions and make recommendations to leadership.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services (in specific Cox markets), tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have access to opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will sharpen your skills and challenge you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
As you’ve seen, this job requires someone who is at the top of their cybersecurity game. Because it’s such a critical role, there are more than a few requirements that will assure you’re on track for this opportunity:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT or a related field and a minimum of 6 years of experience in cybersecurity or related field OR Masters of Science in a related discipline and 2 years of relevant experience, OR PhD and 1 year of relevant experience.
Deep experience within DevOps, CI/CD processes, SDLC, and related tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Bitbucket, GitLab, etc.
- Understanding of containers, enterprise container orchestration, and related tools such as Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, and public cloud container services.
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code (IaC) and related tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and public cloud services.
- Understanding of security automation within DevOps and CI/CD processes including vulnerability identification and management.
- Proven background in technology design, implementation, and delivery.
- Experience with cloud computing environments including software-, infrastructure-, and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private, and hybrid environments.
- Skilled at simplifying complex problems for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Flexible and collaborative to develop consensus and understanding among cross-functional teams on key cybersecurity risks.
- Solid critical thinking and analytical skills needed to bring successful resolution to high-impact and complex problems.
- Ability to understand and apply the context of systems and their role in the larger ecosystem.
- Experience creating and maintaining architectural diagrams (infrastructure, data flow, etc.).
- Experience integrating cybersecurity solutions in CI/CD pipelines and across DevOps processes such as static application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST), IaC security scanning, container security scanning, and secrets scanning and management.
- Experience securing the software supply chain including implementation of appropriate controls across the SDLC and managing change along the way.
- Experience leading process improvement efforts from concept to implementation.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships across organizations and specifically between cybersecurity, development, operations, and infrastructure teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to influence the decision-making process.
- At least one relevant cybersecurity certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.
- Other relevant certifications – AWS, GCP, Azure, DevSecOps, Security Automation, etc.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experience.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
JOB CATEGORY: Information Technology
JOB LEVEL: Manager/Senior Manager
DIVISION: Cox Communications
LOCATION: Atlanta GA
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxenterprises.com.